Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Selling A Domain Through Sedo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've sold a few domains now, but never sold any via SEDO, however I have just had an offer on one of my domains (NewsPages.co.uk) for £150 (I had set the minimum as £149).

I logged into SEDO and noticed I have the option of either accepting the offer, or starting an auction with that offer as the starting bid (and therefor winning if It doesnt get any more bids).

Are there any downsides of starting it as an auction? Obviously want to make as much money on it as possible but dont want to end up losing a potential sale by going through an auction.

Also, other than the £35 "fees" its taking off, is there any other fees to come off the amount I get?

Cheers, Shane

Last edited:
Sedo have always worked very well for me.

Had a couple of problems beyond their control but that's life.

If you had it at 149 and they offered 150 I'd take it and don't send it to auction. Some people do put a lesser price in though just to send it to auction.

The buyer may change their mind as one of mine did recently when I made the same blunder.

They also pay quite quickly. I know some have had issues but I can only say how I've been dealt with last 9 months and it's been good.

Let's hope it's the first of many for you.

Sedo have always worked very well for me.

Had a couple of problems beyond their control but that's life.

If you had it at 149 and they offered 150 I'd take it and don't send it to auction. Some people do put a lesser price in though just to send it to auction.

The buyer may change their mind as one of mine did recently when I made the same blunder.

They also pay quite quickly. I know some have had issues but I can only say how I've been dealt with last 9 months and it's been good.

Let's hope it's the first of many for you.

Had just sent it to auction a few mintutes ago after reading this on the sedo site:

If the seller accepts your initial offer within seven days, the domain is sold at the price you offered. In addition, you further agree that by placing an offer on a domain, the seller can use that offer within five days to start an auction for the domain. Your original bid will serve as the reserve price. In this case, if no higher offers are received, you will be the winner of the domain name.

Never mind, hopefully everything will be ok.

Hi All,

Also, other than the £35 "fees" its taking off, is there any other fees to come off the amount I get?

Cheers, Shane

The £35 is a minimum fee (actual fee is 10%) i.e. if it sells for less than £350 the fee will be £35. If it sells for £500 then the fee will be £50, but I guess you won't mind paying the £50 if it reaches that high :)

I sell a few via Sedo auctions and have 2 in there at the monent. It can be a gamble sending to auction, I've had a few sell for the reserve and sometimes get non payers. However I've had several that sell for way more than I expected.

If someone offers me close to what I want I tend to accept the offer there and then, however if we are some way apart, sometimes I take the gamble on an auction, some you win some you lose. I've given up predicting which ones will do well as I rarely get it right.

Just a quick update. The auction went for £160, so I'll get £125 rather than £115. Not a lot more, but every little helps :)

i had a few domains that i sold on sedo. i think its a real mix feelings about taking the money or letting it run. if you feel its a fair price for the domain then go with it right away. but after you might think o i could have got more from it.

Sedos always worked well for me also but ive always been the buyer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom