Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Static / Updated content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have been building a lot of mini-sites, some of these are on wordpress and are regularly blogged on to keep them updated. Others are static sites.

Do you think blogging or updating a site regularly is better or is it just as effective as building a static site and letting it age + link build to it.

Obviously factoring in effort, a static site takes less time and is low maintenance (if any)

There is a freshness factor for SEO, but it's only a small one (unless you're in a niche that demands freshness by definition, such as news).

It's better to have a site you update, combined with link building and ageing. It also depends on how integrated your blog is to your site...if it's on a subdomain then the subdomain will benefit more than your domain, whereas if the entire site is built on WordPress it will usually have more of an impact.

If you want to reduce the time and effort, you might want to think about spinning content, getting guest bloggers in and writing/scheduling posts a month in advance (that might not be possible depending on your niche and the style of your blog).

There is a freshness factor for SEO, but it's only a small one (unless you're in a niche that demands freshness by definition, such as news).

It's better to have a site you update, combined with link building and ageing. It also depends on how integrated your blog is to your site...if it's on a subdomain then the subdomain will benefit more than your domain, whereas if the entire site is built on WordPress it will usually have more of an impact.

If you want to reduce the time and effort, you might want to think about spinning content, getting guest bloggers in and writing/scheduling posts a month in advance (that might not be possible depending on your niche and the style of your blog).

Thanks a lot blossom, let me give you a case in example:

125ccmotorbikes.co.uk

This is a subject which doesn't demand freshness - do you think it is worth blogging on or should I just finish the site on it and let it age + link build.

No problem.

It depends how much content you have in mind and what your long term strategy is. For example, will you just be building links to the homepage? Or are you going to create a few very optimised pages to deep link to as well? Are you going to add a lot of content and then leave the site, or do you plan to add content bit by bit? How much on-page SEO are you intending to do?

No problem.

It depends how much content you have in mind and what your long term strategy is. For example, will you just be building links to the homepage? Or are you going to create a few very optimised pages to deep link to as well? Are you going to add a lot of content and then leave the site, or do you plan to add content bit by bit? How much on-page SEO are you intending to do?

My plan was to do it all over a few month period, add content every week or so, add more detail to previous content, and do some link building (mainly to the front page, but a few links to interior pages)

Once it's built and the content is there then I hope I can just do some small bits of link building to keep the site up.

That was my plan at least :)

I find I can rank a static site OK given time.

The problem with having sites you need to update is that eventually it won't be possible to keep up with all of them.

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom