Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

tatooremoval.co.uk - £132

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally i would email denys, say you bought it in error not realising it was a typo and point out that the reason you didn't double check this was because of domainlore's own policy....ask if there's any way the sale can be rescinded under the circumstances and just see what he says. He may well have accepted the listing because he simply didn't notice the typo himself.

+1

Constructive

Personally I would email Denys, say you bought it in error not realising it was a typo and point out that the reason you didn't double check this was because of Domainlore's own policy....ask if there's any way the sale can be rescinded under the circumstances and just see what he says. He may well have accepted the listing because he simply didn't notice the typo himself.

Thanks I have emailed Denys and he has been very prompt in replying and very helpful and is looking to see if this and other typos are dealt with on his domainlore in a different way.

Also have tried to offer to prior bidders, as long as they know its a typo.

Ultimately my responsibility and will complete if needed but looking to see if there are other options.

For whats its worth…. If I was the seller and knew typos were not allowed I would void the sale.

Sale should be cancelled if it states in the terms that no typos are allowed to be listed in the first place.

Yep if i was the seller in this case i would void the sale, good business ethics and customer service pays off in the long run. The seller looks like a respectable member of Domainlore surely he will allow this sale to be void?.

a life lesson

Yep if i was the seller in this case i would void the sale, good business ethics and customer service pays off in the long run. The seller looks like a respectable member of Domainlore surely he will allow this sale to be void?.

Sellers comment;

I am sorry you are not happy with the domain name, I did not mis-represent the name, also there are two other bidders and if it was tattooremoval.co.uk the price would have been a lot more than what you paid for it.

Cannot disagree if it was the proper spelling, it would have gone for more,
and I would have paid a lot more than £132 for that proper domain.
I have often stated bidding on premium domains and found those really interested don't start bidding until the last hour.
The problem is I would not have paid that for a typo if I had known.

On Domainlore it is simply a list of domains, I would say as this was bolded on the list then it was miss-represented as a premium domain and I cannot recall anything saying this is a typo.

Also by not saying anything about it is typo - does that constituent "not miss-representing"?
the absence of saying anything does not always mean you have told all the facts?

The other way to look at it, I could have paid a lot more as I believe I was bidding incorrectly on a proper name, thankfully another higher bid was not placed, to force mine up to my maximum bid!

I cannot confirm that the other 2 bidders had spotted it was a miss-spelling or not.

But either of them (or anybody else) want the domain as a miss-spelt at the last bid before my final bid they are welcome to the domain.

Last edited:
hope for improvement

Hope Domainlore do change or improve policy of 'typos' and number v letter substitution on the listing and detail page.

I'm not one the most highly ranked buyers but I have Competence Level (CL)95 as I have bought 90+ domains on Domainlore and completed them all and have yet to sell any but hope to when the .uk is behind us all.

The Domainlore site is a great addition to the UK domain landscape for buyers and sellers.

Domaining in the UK does not appear to have a great profile but Domainlore and Acorn are two leading UK websites that can often show domaining is not all greed and cyber squatting.

Last edited:
I can see both sides to this, ultimately the seller may not have listed within the Domainlore rules, but that doesn't mean that he listed it in bad faith.

The rules are within the terms and conditions of the site but breaking those terms do not create any legal issues etc.

Therefore in my opinion, this is one to take on the chin or if you are lucky one of the other bidders may want it, but to get to a point of what the price may have been if you had not bid on it will be difficult, so an auction would likely need to be re-run.

Hope everyone can get to a solution where they are happy though.

All paid for

Have paid the seller you the domain in full.

I hope that if Domainlore creates a section where typo domains can be put for sale, if so I will put it back on auction, if the previous bidders on the last auction don't contact me first, to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts