Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Thanks to all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey all, just a quick thread to thanks for all the infos and tips etc.

Finished my first site today

Chemosynthesis

Listed on Google 3rd page so far

Obviously it will not earn much if anything, its not a perfect site (the study section alignment moves slightly for one) but the main thing is, its a site! its up, and its something i am interested in etc. Plus now i can focus on sites that will make me a bit of money on the side.

So yeah, just thanks :D

Last edited:
Hey, don't think i helped you ? but it's nice to see people saying Thankyou !!!

Some people ask a question, you reply to it and off they go to be heard from again
escape.gif
[ Exit ]

Ha, yeah! its funny that, ive seen people come and go and I have only been here a short while.

On the help side i like to think anyone who has posted something useful in a thread has helped! As each bit has aided in some way.

@ Jonny, not sure what computing skills you have, but there is an offer for all UK students, all you need is to be a student with an .ac.uk email address (saw you had on one your site contact page) and a special code, you get a years free ASP.NET hosting, no catches at all, see here for more details:

Ed Dunhill's Blog : Free ASP.NET Hosting for UK Students

Use the Email link in the right hand menu to contact them to ask for the special code, use your .ac.uk email addy in the form where your contact email addy goes. Just a note, leave it for a couple of days, though, because I contacted them to get a code and got an automated reply from Ed saying he is away until January 12th.

Last edited:
aye :)

that's what the rest of my post was referring to

"Obviously it will not earn much if anything, its not a perfect site (the study section alignment moves slightly for one) but the main thing is, its a site! its up, and its something i am interested in etc. Plus now i can focus on sites that will make me a bit of money on the side."

Its more for the fact i can actually make them if anything now.

aye :)

...the study section alignment moves slightly for one)...

That's caused by the classic slide bar effect over on the right, which highlights itself depending upon the length of the content per page. Fix it by positioning content via CSS, or do a crude fix with a clear table beneath the unaffected page(s), long enough to force a slide bar.

thanks for the advice!

Site doing well it seems now on search,

top for google uk and 7th world wide.

Well done for your website results, however the topic is bizzare in the least.

Probably some phd group decided they would make a name for themselves, and created something that sounds good, but in reality means nothing.

Buy hey as long as you earn money from it, all is good.

what you say is bizarre i say is interesting.

did you read the study?

Its a view into the past, its believed life could be maintained on other worlds in the same form. Not to mention it links with deep sea resources, a place that could one day be the new source for raw materials.

So keep your "really is means nothing" comments to yourself before you read into things thank you.

I am a firm believer that not all sites have to be about making money tbh, sometimes I would like to just get the info out there :D

'How do things exist if there is no light'

This term is bandied about several times, but later on, we see what we all expect, an illustration about how indeed the oxygen formed by light etc on the surface works its way down, so it does use light in a way.

If it was information explaining solely about how the life(created with the help of light) lives and adapts to the flu's, then it would be more like a proper study, and not one filled with buzz phrases.

I compare this study, to some guy living in his basement flat, playing games all night and sleeping all day, surviving on mars bars and pizza dropped off by his mum during the day while he sleeps.

He survives, same as the wierd and wonderful creatures below.

And no, Im not the pizza eating mars bar guy.

I love forums :)

Last edited:
haha that comparison is horrid, I am pretty sure that guy would die before those creatures. and its hardly a "we see what we expect" most people have never heard of it :p.

Its true i should link it more to deep sea life thinking about it...

Maybe if i am to do more similar sites i should do things that people know but not in very much detail... human body for example (dna functions, mitosis and meiosis or pathology)

And link to work being done around this field... deep sea exploration etc... oooooo

even if you didnt mean you, you have just gave me a million ideas, and prob made me more money! whey.

haha i love them too.

When they first published about the flu's, I was amazed, and I bet loads of people were, since then, there has been the od deep sea discovery, but nothing since then of any scale.

So I would actually like to see more, and no, i'm not taking the preverbial.

While I'm on, it is probably these flu's and mass escapes from similar phenomenon, that are probably the cause for the so called bermuda triangle. oooh spooky haha

maybe i should visit wiki when AD is offline :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom