Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

The new Real Time DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtm

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions about the new DAC's. I've just become a Member of Nominet ;) and have been doing a bit of reading about the changes for April.

Firstly will these make a difference to us. Does this means that lists such as Dropsystems will still be available?
# The suspended flag field has been removed
# The registration status field has been removed

Secondly, Just to check, the limits described here:
Acceptable use policy
are what it will be for the Real time DAC as of April and is nothing to do with the
Daily access limit
EQUALS
5 x number of domain names on tag
PLUS
200 x your highest monthly
new registration figure
from the past 12 months
for the Time Delay DAC?

Cheers
Dave

Wow that sucks...

"The suspended flag field has been removed"

This should be interesting, building drop lists based on millions of keywords maybe a thing of the past?

"The suspended flag field has been removed"

This should be interesting, building drop lists based on millions of keywords maybe a thing of the past?

Time Delay DAC still has all flags.

Time Delay DAC still has all flags.

Yes, but it's queries are limited.

e.g. 1,000 domains on your TAG and you on average register 50 new names per month, equates to a cap of 15,000 queries per day.

Hardly enough capacity to query millions of keywords.

So the Registrar (TAG) with the volume (DomCollect) will have the advantage on building list's.

Most people have there database scanned and just need to rescan lists a week in advance of dropdates to remove renewals. This would consist of around 10k a week.

Could someone explain, will it just mean pointing your script to the real time dac ? I take it things won't change on the delayed dac so I can continue to run my lists on that.

Last edited:
Most people have there database scanned and just need to rescan lists a week in advance of dropdates to remove renewals. This would consist of around 10k a week.

That practice would avoid picking up examples like landscapelighting_co_uk

Registered on: 22-Mar-2000
Renewal date: 22-Mar-2010
Last updated: 22-Feb-2008

*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***

Last edited:

Indeed, it's certainly a big problem for finding domains that are suspended before renewal date.

Grant

Anybody putting a complaint in?

I'd hoped to put a public facing service online, but this scuppers it. None of the domains registered through it would be on my TAG but redirected to others e.g 123-reg which this type of quota is extremely biased towards.

S

What happens when your monitoring a dropping domain through the real-time DAC but miss the ,N? You would continuing scanning the domain even though the domain isn't suspended any longer?

Last edited:

Registered on: 22-Mar-2000
Renewal date: 22-Mar-2010
Last updated: 22-Feb-2008

*** This registration has been SUSPENDED. ***

but this domain name would drop anyway until after the renewal date ?

What happens when your monitoring a dropping domain through the real-time DAC but miss the ,N? You would continuing scanning the domain even though the domain isn't suspended any longer?

I guess you just check the returned string for todays date instead of the suspended flag.

Grant

whois2 would be your best bet.

WHOIS2

You ever tried using that in anger? Patchy at best. Just loves to block you at the slightest whim. It should also be only used to gather full whois details not condensed ones like the DAC.

I'm going to write to the big N and ask for an amendment to the quota of 'with a minimum registrar quota of 100000 per day'.

Suggest you do otherwise this will be useful for the big 3 and no-one else.

S

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom