Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Time to kill off sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scenario. If I have listed with two markets (Sedo & Afternic) with buy nows and both are accepted in similar time frames what recourse would each market place take?

timestamp applies i guess
like any sale
first come first served

also, if you sold privately the week before via email, privately. same thing i guess

Typical of Sedo, ask reasonable questions and get left hanging.

If you (Sedo) just choose to use this forum as a promotional channel only perhaps you should buy some advertising and have the Sedo posting sections removed.

Time to kill off this thread.

It never added anything beyond a simple outing of Sedo in day-to-day reality - Who shall we hate next

The hate is well deserved.

The self fulfilling result then ?

I honestley believe that the couk (domain sales market) has no idea where the best prospectives lie , far to tied-up with self-fufilment

Sedo might know better ?

Just venting frustrations, which I wouldn't view as fulfillment.

Sedos inherent problem is that it doesn't listen to its customers (sellers), turning that feedback into a better product and service.

It would be better for companies that have forum representation to be handled by senior management than to leave it up to the shop floor workers. It just makes for more acrimony if not handled correctly.

It's a shame it has to come a 'lets kill off sedo' thread with lots of people venting their frustration at poor customer service or unhappiness with fees etc.

However, there have been lots of simple questions asked to sedo in various threads which they do not reply to. If they are going to visit the forum and promote themselves then it is their duty to answer these questions.

as the o/p
i would like to say this thread cannot end until sedo are officially dead
and i want to see the coroners report and autopsy report

i don't want any sightings in years to come, like Elvis or Lord Lucan :D

OK good points made - particularly the "Sedo attends, at their discretion ONLY"

I've personally never tried to view Sedo as anything more than as a "back-street operator" with a high profile. Hence no complaints.

If I were running an aftermarket site I certainly would view the forums as key. They are the only place to engage with portfolio owners that collectively control millions of pounds worth of domain names. To charge this engagement with mere customer support people is sheer folly.

We have to get real - Sedo is not the premium market place - never was and i very much doubt ever will be.

Anyone that is willing to sell their premium page one viewing (and their soul imo) space for a $70 a month kickback Is not one you want to be dealing with closer than an Orangutans arms length. But with that hindsight 'Play away'

Sedo Featured = My arse on a really bad day

Last edited:
You can take into account the extra commission with the counter offer so it is entirely up to you what price you sell at.

Going back to the last SEDO answer (on the 20th), yes of course it is up to me what price I sell for - but why I should pay you more for no additional service (and a piss poor service when it's needed for non payments et al).

And it then begs the question, why should the buyer then have to pay more because I put my price up in order to pay you more when neiether of us get any extra service.

Typical gambit of an arrogant company.

So I managed to get the details of the buyer who didnt pay for the name.

They come back to "Church of the Harvest" in Bradford.

Do I have to pray for my money?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom