Domain Manage

.tv Domain Names

Discussion in 'New Domainers' started by deanmain, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deanmain

deanmain Active Member

Anyone got an opinion on .tv Names are they easy to sell on? are they worth the money etc.....not bought one yet but have seen some really good ones and am sorely tempted...

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

I use them for affiliate sites, as per Voucher Code TV, Football Shirts, Norwegian Cruises, but I only tend to buy them as a last resort, as the renewal fees are expensive. They do OK for SEO, but the renewal expense puts me off a little so they aren't "core" for me.

Rgds

4. accelerator United Kingdom

... also, sometimes the .tv works very well, especially for sites that will act like TV channels. One of the problems with the extension is that the registry identifies the premium domains and then charges very high renewal fees for them.

Rgds

5. deanmain

deanmain Active Member

many thanks....I have learnt so much today on this site...

6. accelerator United Kingdom

You are welcome. If you have a laptop and could post a laptop review, that would be most welcome in return. Or review one of the other products featured.

Rgds

7. golddiggerguy United Kingdom

golddiggerguy Well-Known Member

Well I was a .TV virgin until the other day and I think they have to be a certain type to be ok as a domain more than other extensions. Yes you won't be buying dozens of them, regg fee is higher than uk's but not too bad at £14.99 a year. (it's the .FM domains you want to stay away from at $95 a pop) :(

You'll see a big move or addition with companies I think in the next few years using the .TV extension as an online media hook.

I'm just in the process in building the site for my .TV domain and it should be live at the end of this month with a lot more testing in between. I know of a few people on Twitter that have .TV domains anyone else on here dabbled?

8. polish-guy

polish-guy Member

tv

i think the domain registrar is in a place called tuvalu - in the south pacific, and for them its a real money earner

9. accelerator United Kingdom

Yep, the Islands of Tuvalu, they must love the internet! See:

Tuvalu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Strictly speaking the .tv is the ICANN extension for Tuvalu, a lot of the admin stuff gets done by an American company I believe.

Rgds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.