Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UK geo domains

You go on about having all these hundreds and hundreds of domains and "high quality" content streaming out of all corners of websites... come on my friend. It's very obvious by all your comments you're a typical 'content marketer' who just sets up hundreds of website with paid/cheap content.

Dude you sound so negged about something. What's the matter, man? Do you need to talk about something? Is your life that unsuccessful you have to berate people on a forum?

wow, strong opinions on both sides :)
Can I ask, coming back to the original question what you think the better geo's from ROR would sell for, e.g. manchester.uk, cornwall.uk, bournemouth.uk, bradford.uk, edinburgh.uk, devon.uk etc

wow, strong opinions on both sides :)
Can I ask, coming back to the original question what you think the better geo's from ROR would sell for, e.g. manchester.uk, cornwall.uk, bournemouth.uk, bradford.uk, edinburgh.uk, devon.uk etc

Thank you

So three pages and nobody answered my question in OP...

Shh, we're bickering over here.

The simple answer is, they'll fetch what the market will bear. Manchester, Dublin, Cornwall and the other big ones will probably do pretty well. Monmouthshire and Shropshire probably less so. It'll be interesting to see whether Worcestershire does better than Worcester - the former covers a bigger area, but the latter feels more local to the people who live there.

I don't think any of them will do as well as their co.uk counterparts would do right now, but any of them could be developed as a decent contender for their more established neighbours.

Eastbourne.uk got £755 at auction which I think gives a decent indication of current trade prices, that's one of the UK's most popular seaside towns with a £500m tourism industry. You can extropolate that for other geos bringing into account population, tourism, growth etc. And of course end user sales will be higher, possibly 5x+ higher.

I'm not a fan of .uk, but I am a fan of geo .uks.

There's a lot of geo's going today, I'm actually in two minds whether to throw my hat in for manchester or focus on a couple with better odds.

I think Manchester.uk is great - if I could I'd go for it...

One of the best, if not the best, of this release imo...

I think Manchester.uk is great - if I could I'd go for it...

One of the best, if not the best, of this release imo...

I agree totally, but that means every man and his dog is going to try and grab it. I feel like it might be a waste of my valuable first minute slots.

Glasgow.uk today could be handy as well... but what if Scotland votes for independence! It wouldn't be in the uk then, so Scottish geo domains have the risk factor that they might be short-lived?

If it's anything like Brexit, you'd still have at least 3 years of hemming and hawing before anything actually happened.

Hope someone gets lucky with manchester.uk, quite a few decent ones today.

Hope someone gets lucky with manchester.uk, quite a few decent ones today.
Geos are the domainers vanity is there one in the uk that makes enough to even get Vat registered even globally ...? A back street sweet shop would make you more money and be less hassle, For £5 if you win stick it on sedo like most the others watch it blossom, develop and grow into a.......

Last edited:
Geos are the domainers vanity is there one in the uk that makes enough to even get Vat registered even globally ...? A back street sweet shop would make you more money and be less hassle, For £5 if you win stick it on sedo like most the others watch it blossom, develop and grow into a.......

Agree somewhat, any monetisation of a geo must be an offline business - an 80% offline effort...

Sure, there's a lot of effort involved in monetising a geo, but there's a lot of potential there. Personally, I tried for mn.uk rather than manchester.uk - I think it would be far more brandable for a Manchester targeted site, and it stands alone in .uk space without needing the couk to complement it.

I think geos have massive potential, personally. Especially if used by the governing body of that district

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom