Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UK geo domains

Just hate people that talk lies. People come on here to be aspired and help grow their business, buy sell/domains etc.

When they see things like people saying ".UK" domains categorically outrank ".co.uk" domains across the board, it's extremely damaging to the industry. People get burned because of that.
Its true - you can be as angry as you like about it - i have nothing to prove to you.

Proof is always in the pudding - ive screen grabbed your angry rants so that i can post them back to you :)

You missed the bit where i have 500+ sites too i guess lol

I tell you what having a good geo domain really helps with: appearing like an official authority which = links

If you have location.co.uk (which I would presume to cross over to location.uk too) when people are talking about said place, events happening within that area, attractions etc in articles, they usually google and link to the first sites they find

If you can make a nice site with good information and get the ball rolling SEO wise the links take care of themselves from then on and it can snowball nicely

You can make alright money from adsense and hotel affiliates and anything else you can think to do; once you have the core body of the site then you can work on things as much as you like, can be totally passive income.

But, after saying the above, domains like visitlocation and discoverlocation are very popular and often used so if you can get hold of one of those for cheaper it will probably do the same job as location.uk in terms of giving the authority factor

If anyone wants DiscoverBritain.co.uk/.uk or gloucestershire.uk let me know :cool:

My thoughts exactly, Having a premium geo is all well and good if you are going to be the one developing and making something of it ( maybe for a future sale developed ). But for those wanting to develop on them with the thought of purchasing the domain first, a large percentage would be fine registering a similar domain that doesnt condone a large initial outlay. I know id rather have visitnorfolk or similar over norfolk.uk if it meant having to pay £10 for one and £xxxx+ for the other, Money saved would be a decent wack into marketing costs.

Obviously not saying said prices couldnt be had, just a narrow field of play for high price tags

Whats the best developed geo domain you have seen looking for some examples for my local geo I picked up on here

Hi Guys, been reading these posts so could not resist in posting notice
of an aged GEO portfolio I am offering. 126 x 2 .co.uk/.uk matching domains.
All long time registered. Perfect for the geo developer or make great
investment for future individual sales. BARGAIN PRICE.
PM me your email address for more details.

Totally agree with Robert Smith on .UK domain space at some point Google will bring .UK into its own and then remove .co.uk as just being another domain.

If you have .Co.UK domain ad .UK domain have the sitesdevelped ot youcoud use one domain as free email service for people in the location. This allows you to bild up a local customer base for your local adverting business.

I think they've done that to differentiate between the village and the castle ruins. However, the village is called Corfe Castle - we've driven through many times and all of the signage is 'Corfe Castle'.

https://corfe-castle.co.uk/

On here it refers to the village as "corfe" but i take your point thanks for the reply

Cheers Ben.

This did get me thinking also do short abbreveations have value themselves such as hemel.uk or manc.uk

I suppose they would do but valuing would be tricky imo

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom