Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

.uk GoDaddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
GoDaddy are inviting me to purchase .uk domains. However they appear not be taking into account the rights of those that are flagged as having the registration rights on say the co.uk.

They are letting punters get to basket before checks are being made it seems to me. Can anyone confirm?

GoDaddy are inviting me to purchase .uk domains. However they appear not be taking into account the rights of those that are flagged as having the registration rights on say the co.uk.

They are letting punters get to basket before checks are being made it seems to me. Can anyone confirm?

They're not alone. Twitter is full of tweets from people who post variants of "hey, I got (insert fantastic generic .uk here)" and then follow up minutes later with "actually, I didn't get it - it's reserved for the EXPLETIVE .co.uk owner"

Perhaps because the names aren't registered, only reserved, the routines that the registrars use to determine what to show as "available" aren't up to scratch...

I went to the domains section on GoDaddy and did a search for a .uk domain I knew was registered, after entering the domain in the search it says, "Sorry, xxxxx.uk is not available.", same if I search for a .co.uk, not sure how you're getting to the basket stage?

Last edited:
They're not alone. Twitter is full of tweets from people who post variants of "hey, I got (insert fantastic generic .uk here)" and then follow up minutes later with "actually, I didn't get it - it's reserved for the EXPLETIVE .co.uk owner"

:)

I received an email from GoDaddy this afternoon re the new .uk and it says:

"If you already own a .CO.UK domain registered before June 10, 2014, we've reserved the matching .UK name for you. If you don't, register your own .UK web address to define yourself as modern, dynamic and credible."

So at least they are saying that most .uk domains are actually reserved.

Perhaps because the names aren't registered, only reserved, the routines that the registrars use to determine what to show as "available" aren't up to scratch...

Yep that's definitely the case If only if only.

Attachments

• mort.jpg
    mort.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 133
we've reserved the matching .UK name for you.

Which isn't true, what they mean is, Nominet have reserved the domain for you, pleaasssseeee register it with us.

Namecheap yesterday were allowing you to actually pay for the domain , then at the end of the process they said oops no we've removed this domain from your cart. Refund came about 2 hours later.

All looks very annoying from the consumers point of view. Esp GoDaddy - they should know much better!

............. Removed - double post ..............

Last edited:
Nice to see one of my domains get a mention. I did hope that one might get a fair bit of traffic from FB/Twitter, etc.

- Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom