Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

.uk How Many have you got?

.UK How Many have you got since the Launch?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think your position within Google is a infinitely more important than your domain extension these days.
I agree with this and don't believe the .uk will suffer in any way in terms of google it might even get a tiny boost being a shorter overall domain who knows.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about things until you've got some hard evidence to suggest that your suffering because you're using the .uk.
This will be the first time of launching a site that will potentially benefit from offline advertising / promotion I suppose there's always the option to use the .co.uk / .com in any print advertising as they are redirected but that type of mixed messaging might be even worse.

Until large numbers of companies start using .uk, it is difficult to see what the future holds, but I'm inclined to agree with Sean - I think .uk will ultimately be the number one choice for business.

Nominet's failure to alert even rights holders of the existence of .uk makes it all the more difficult for it to gain traction now, however.

Until large numbers of companies start using .uk, it is difficult to see what the future holds, but I'm inclined to agree with Sean - I think .uk will ultimately be the number one choice for business.

Nominet's failure to alert even rights holders of the existence of .uk makes it all the more difficult for it to gain traction now, however.

I'm launching 2 new 'big' projects currently. We own the .co.uk and .uk for both. We've launched one on .co.uk, one on .uk

Its annoying as you just don't know which way to go and its inevitable I've made the wrong choice on one of those :lol:

If I had the option I'd have launched them both on the .com instead. Here it just wasn't possible.

I doubt I'll be launching any new projects soon but if I do I'll definitely be going for a .com if I can get it. In a perfect world the phrase you're using would be a british only phrase, like "mates" or something. Or even better a british only spelling, like "optimisation". As either of those stops the inevitable massive price inflation because its an american .com. Its effectively got to be priced as if it were a .co.uk

I'm launching 2 new 'big' projects currently. We own the .co.uk and .uk for both. We've launched one on .co.uk, one on .uk

Its annoying as you just don't know which way to go and its inevitable I've made the wrong choice on one of those :lol:

Be interesting to hear how both fair 6-12 months down the road.

Ever the optimist, it could be both end up success stories. ;)

This thread really needs a poll on it.

Me, Zero.

Be interesting to hear how both fair 6-12 months down the road.

Ever the optimist, it could be both end up success stories. ;)

Both are in completely different niches with wildly different promotional options available to them. I'm also going to put far more budget into the .co.uk project than the other. So unfortunately even 12 months from now the success or failure of either won't tell us much :D

My site needed a re-design so I re-launched it on .uk

I think the brand sounds better with just .uk tekkie.uk tekkie.co.uk ?

I have 301'd the .co.uk remembering to do http://www. And plain http://

I can't see any negatives from doing it that way, I am covered if .uk becomes the preference and if not the .co.uk redirects.

Last edited:
8 at the mo - all hand regges of co.uk /.uk pairs

Not too concerned at the slow rate of uptake at the moment as still very early days

I'm surprised by people trying to sell me their co.uk domains, when they haven't regged the corresponding .uk domain. It's good to see I'm not the only person/mug that has been "forced" to reg both.

100's a month since one needed to reg both :). Hopefully it will turn in to a good investment.

I just went through mine.

Free Will: 1
Catches: 20
.UK Only from Catches 7.

By free will, I meant where I had .uk rights, and exercised them. So I'm bullied like everyone else :p

Does the poll need a 'zero' option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom