Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

UK Leaves the EU - What happens next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if a cross party New Party could be formed with the core (though not sole) policy being staying in the EU.

There are nearly 500 MPs in the Remain camp, so there might be enough New Party MPs to oblige future governments to form coalitions with New Party, even if this hypothetical New Party didn't get an outright majority.

I imagine it would be centrist and pro-Europe, leaving the remaining Tories and UK on the far right and extreme right, and the remaining Labour on the far-ish left.
The people have spoken Edwin. Its time to move on, we have voted out.

Just lightening the tone a bit.....My favourite status update (from a female friend) earlier

"Maybe we'll become the new 'Russian brides' and there'll be websites to meet old ugly men in Sweden and France so we can get out of our shitty country in exchange for sex and making him his dinner."

Cameron - resigned after saying he would stay as PM if brexit won, to work for what the people wanted. Isn't that what he was always meant to do? Isn't that what every politician that's voted into office is meant to do?

That right there proves what I've been saying about politicians?

With some exceptions....Farage has spent years trying to get himself the sack from a super-cushy number and just achieved it.

Cameron made the decision to allow the referendum it should have been on his head to activate article 50 immediately, they make be looking for a side door here.

Personally, I don't agree with this statement.

David Cameron gave the people what they asked for; an EU referendum.
Activating "Article 50" should be the first job of the new conservative leader from the Vote Leave campaign.

Everything that comes with signing this document - both good and/or bad - should land firmly at the feet of the people who will take the country forward in the direction of leave.

David Cameron's vision for the future of the UK was within the EU.

If anyone is looking for a side door, it may very well be the figure heads of the leave campaign.
Who'd have thought, eh? More controversy and a lack of responsibility from the "leaders" of this country.

Cameron - resigned after saying he would stay as PM if brexit won, to work for what the people wanted. Isn't that what he was always meant to do? Isn't that what every politician that's voted into office is meant to do?.

I agree with the sentiment of what his job stands for but realistically, it's probably for the best he stepped down, no?

His aim was for remain.
How can he possibly make the best judgement(s) for the country on something he feels is the wrong thing to do?

Best one of the Leave Campaign cronies man up, step forward and take responsibility for the future that they - and the public that voted for them - believe in.

While the referendum was on the manifesto of the Conservatives at the last election, there were no promises about what would happen if we did leave. Surely we have a right to choose those that are taking us through the leave process?

Hah, the irony of the Vote Leave campaigners and the unelected leadership of the EU, now have a very high chance of having an unelected leader closer to home, leading the UK.

Hah, the irony of the Vote Leave campaigners and the unelected leadership of the EU, now have a very high chance of having an unelected leader closer to home, leading the UK.

But at least they have taken back their sovererignty ......:rolleyes:

I agree with the sentiment of what his job stands for but realistically, it's probably for the best he stepped down, no?

His aim was for remain.
How can he possibly make the best judgement(s) for the country on something he feels is the wrong thing to do?

Yes I agree with that, resigning was the right thing to do. But he shouldn't have said he'd stay...I'm sure when he said it he didn't think he'd lose. Can't be trusted.

I'm sure that already he's got some multimillion pound advisory roles lined up with US banks a la Blair.

Is Comrade Corbyn a tad stubborn.
They've tried saying look Jeremy your not really cut out for this are you.

But he shouldn't have said he'd stay...I'm sure when he said it he didn't think he'd lose. Can't be trusted.

Yes. That is something that he probably should have been picked up on.
As a leave voter I would not want a figurehead from remain camp to be taking the country forward - currently registered PM or not. I guess in hindsight, this was a major oversight from the leave campaign.

He would not be completely unelected though would he . He or she would have had to be voted a seat in parliament. I know what you mean but it's not the same.

We don't normally elect our PM, PM get elected by his party members and all he/she need to do is win his/her constituent.

May be time we start voting for our PM...

Can't see how the leader of the SNP can hope to retain credibility with intelligent Scots , when she says "Scotland voted to stay in the EU".
Did she not know a referendum was coming up and Scotland would have two choices , that the UK would remain or leave. No mention of Scotland.

The Tories have to unite. The window for long term domination is wide open. Labour have been laughing stock since Corbyn was elected. He's hanging on because he wants to be leader when the chilcot inquiry is released. He is desperate to see Blair brought to book.

I can't help but look at the humour in the Corbyn debacle.
Tom goes off to the music festival getting down with the kids, so he can say "me gov, I was away and I have a cast iron alibi". Meanwhile everybody's saying look Jeremy they all think you are s**t at this. But he loves it, this is the position he has always relished, the rebel, taking on the party. He would never be happier than marching with his banners and his 400,000 members following him singing "we shall overcome".

Hope nobody is offended by this post, it is only my opinion and I respect others may have a different opinion .

I'm sure everyone on this forum will join me in condemning anyone who for any reason singles anyone out for being foreign. Any form of discrimination toward any other person simply because they are foreign is not in the spirit of Brexit and is unconditionally abhorrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom