Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

wales and ireland domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

dee

Reaction score
Hi all,

Posted for first time on here the other day and got some great advice so thought id try again :)

I have wales and ireland both .is (iceland) domains. Wondered what you thought. Obviously there are good opportunities for memorable url hacks

wales .is . great

or ireland .is dublin

Thanks in advance

Yes . Sorry. Just trying not to url directly in thread. Wales and Ireland both with .is extension

I'd personally say they're worth nowt undeveloped....

Sorry, my opinion.

really ? bummer. I would have thought a country name would be worth something. Shame because ive got mexico, australia and united states aswell.

really ? bummer. I would have thought a country name would be worth something. Shame because ive got mexico, australia and united states aswell.

Thing is you can get all kinds of weird and wonderful extensions to match most things can't you? :)

e.g. http://www.eurodns.com

Thing is you can get all kinds of weird and wonderful extensions to match most things can't you? :)

e.g. http://www.eurodns.com

Of course.... agreed. Although most country names are gone on all of them.Even if they are parked. I just hoped the fact that domain hacks are getting more popular might hold some sway. One lives in hope :)

Of course.... agreed. Although most country names are gone on all of them.Even if they are parked. I just hoped the fact that domain hacks are getting more popular might hold some sway. One lives in hope :)

The domain hacks that have proved popular are those ones that create something...

*memorable, (often amusing)
*unique (in that it couldn't be created using any other extension)
*Have a strong relationship with the subject, usually the Country extension forming (being read as) part of the wording or being seen as a short and relevant (additional) word in its own right.
*relate to a subject matter that already has a strong web presence.

Just by taking a word (or in this instance a Country) and adding an irrelevant ccld. doesn't create a decent hack, just an instantly irrelevant and forgettable pairing

Agree completely with what Bailey said, I don't see those domains in any way resembling a domain hack, a hack would be something like, bik.es

I don't see any value in the domains, sorry.

Last edited:
Hi all,

Posted for first time on here the other day and got some great advice so thought id try again :)

I have wales and ireland both .is (iceland) domains. Wondered what you thought. Obviously there are good opportunities for memorable url hacks

wales .is . great

or ireland .is dublin

Thanks in advance

You never know what will unfold, so I would say that if you are prepared to either develop or hold for five to ten years you may get a return. If it's for a flip then no value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts