Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

whois anonymity for uk domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see quite a few 'trade' sites that the domain is either registered to Yell, Hibu, Thompson etc. Obviously where they have upselled on a listing, and no direct link back to the person running the company.

As example, one I just found is removals-yorkshire.co.uk

Also, you could always register a PO Box for 3 months, register domain at PO Box address, and let the subscription expire (I believe this is still possible).

Or, if you know a road with 24 houses in it, why not make up a name, and have them live at number 30? Or do it as some house, some industrial estate? The ones where its impossible to find where ever it is unless you know exactly where to go.

I've seen a load of UK domains using forwarding addresses/virtual offices with fake names.

Indeed religious fanatics are now online and getting computer savvy, so there will be one or two who would go to nominet.

The A Nother, Bongoland has potential. Nominet do ask for proof of address should it be challenged again, even with foreign ones.

Perhaps a combination, use a bongoland address, with the privacy service I mentioned, nominet never see the bongoland address, and the privacy service is already validated.
I suppose its how hard do you want to make it for them to find you..?
Purchasing domain /hosting, updating etc are weak points... partly pre-empted using certain host/updating through payg mobile (through away) also domain/ hosting purchasing (through away) payg debit cards from high street etc...

If security, traceability is a concern and news reports about many being behind cyber attacks, crime etc are true? There most likely route is attack remove/compromise site, then trace owner rather than go through nom etc..? Nom only works if you’ve breached T & C’s, its proven and they find in complainants favour and someone’s coughed up £ to complain?
The uncertainty of victory for them given you’ve legitimately posted something they don’t like agree with and nom costing them £££ Makes other options with miniscule cost far more favourable also tends to give them privacy?

Some might say there are already enough places online were others already sympathetic too certain view points post? Rather than setting up your own with all the potentials for grief?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom