Domain Manage

Why sextet.co.uk hasn't got any bids - Isn't it worth enough ?

Discussion in 'Selling Domain Names' started by wagdutt, Dec 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wagdutt

wagdutt Member

I thought that the word "sextet" is widely used in UK - Was I right ?

If yes - Why isn't that valuable ? That's a single word - and also has an estimated value of $11000 by Estibot and also a good number of search for that keyword - I'm really confused - Can anyone let me know where am i going wrong ?

2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

3. stellar73 United Kingdom

stellar73 Active Member

Your first mistake is using Estibot - it's completely meaningless!

The word 'sextet' means a group of six people and is usually associated with classical music. It's not widely used (even in classical music quartets are more common).

I think you need to try and imagine why someone would want a website with that name. If there was a group of musicians who performed as a sextet then the chances are they would have a band name and would want that as the name of their website.

Just because something is a known dictionary word doesn't automatically mean it has value unfortunately.

4. Retired_Member38

Retired_Member38 Banned

Email Estibot and offer them it for only 1% of their valuation, they should be delighted to get such a good deal.

When this doesn't happen, you should understand the true value of an estibot valuation :lol:

5. Adam H

Adam H Well-Known Member Exclusive Member

Never even heard of the word until you just made me Google it. Thought you had just misspelt something when i saw it for sale. :rolleyes:

6. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

The last and only time I've seen the word in use was when my parents purchased a Gigaset N300A base with sextet handsets for around the house, but at a better price than that I believe. :p

7. SF

SF Well-Known Member

Not worth anything I am afraid, can suggest to do a little bit more home work before spending your money.

8. wagdutt

wagdutt Member

Thanks everyone for taking time

That was really useful information :)

9. accelerator United Kingdom

accelerator Well-Known Member

Sextet is a six piece instrumental ensemble. That's the main use. It's not especially common.

Importantly, it's not a particularly commercial term, it's not associate with high profit, so that's where you're going wrong.

Estibot values should not be used to assess domain value in my opinion. You need to use your commercial awareness to identify a valuable domain.

Rgds

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.