Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

win2k backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
unix geek needs windows help...

is there anyway of backing up a clean win2k installation on my pc..
basically it's all patched up and clean with no spyware or crap etc.. it would be nice to save an image to disk or cd for future rebuilds etc.... anybody got any tips.. shareware or freeware if poss!

cheers steve

I believe that Acronis True Image will do this. It's basically a disk utility which does all sorts of stuff...

... but one of the cool features is that it will let you take an image of a hard disk and then let you restore it back later. So if you take an image of your clean install, you could then restore it if/when the nasties come.

I've used Drive Image by PowerQuest for years, but it's no longer available.
I'm now looking at Norton Ghost.

Apparently this software is the schizzle.

30 free trial, can't go wrong.

http://www.tgrmn.com/

Ah, my bad, doesn't do imaging.

At work, we use DOS and xcopy. We have 1 drive running an OS, 1 which has the source of the data, and a destination.

We often replicate win2K and XP drives using this method, either for backup, or to clone a PC if a drive is close to failure. Only useful if you have a 3rd drive though.

Ghost has previously worked, I have the DOS version somewhere, but also they used to give it away in motherboard boxes.

WinBackup 1.86

http://www.backupanswers.com/freewinbackup/

The backup and recovery solution that awards 100% reliability and superior performance at a click of a button.

The award-winning WinBackup 1.86 remains the obvious choice for home users and small and medium sized businesses alike. As one of the most efficient and reliable backup solutions available, WinBackup 1.86 guarantees 100% accuracy of restores.

Download the full and unlimited version of WinBackup 1.86 for free - rated "best backup software of the year" by Computer Shopper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom