Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

xxxxGuide.co.uk names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
On Wednesday evening I had three .co.uk auctions come to a close on Domainlore without any bids. They were RugbyGuide, SaunaGuide and SoftwareGuide.

Whilst I appreciate that they are not killer EMDs, and many may have a downer on xxxxGuide names, I thought that they were at worst mediocre. I was rather disappointed that none of them even hit the £50 minimum opening bid, despite publicity here on Acorn.

Am I a naive, over-optimistic and/or [insert your own adjective] domainer ? Or am I unlucky ? Or poor at marketing ? Or something else ? SoftwareGuide may be a trifle passe but RugbyGuide feels solid and SaunaGuide has several potential angles.

I really would appreciate your feedback : I wasn't expecting megabucks but I was rather surprised at the lack of interest.

Thanks,
David

Last edited:
I don't think these are the sort of domains a domainer would snap up to flip or sell to an end user. Shorts, generics, brandables etc all have value on that front. These ones are only suited to somebody who specifically wanted to develop a Rugby Guide for example. I'm sure somebody will, somewhere, one day, but the chance of them being on DomainLore at the time of auction is extremely slim... Sure, some domainers might reg these if they find them free reg or even drop catch them if they became available but I can't see somebody paying even £50 for one just to sit on it and wait for that one highly specific buyer to come along.

SoftwareGuide may be a trifle passe but RugbyGuide feels solid and SaunaGuide has several potential angles.

I would have thought SoftwareGuide was the most promising - there's always a massive demand for IT help?

Being from wigan & rugby being my passion I was very.much interested in rugby guide.

The reason I didnt bid was because I could reg rugbyguide101, yourrugbyguide or something similar for reg fee. For me emd are not what they were.

It is a nice domain still.

*edit. I'd probably just end up sitting on like Redemption said!

Last edited:
Can imagine someone (at some point) wanting saunaguide for a directory site. Less sure about the others though I would have thought they were certainly worth £50

I suspect you were unlucky though the names are perhaps a little on the niche side to be dead cert sales on DL

Personally if G results show ppc etc There are my buyer’s, advertiser? If there are none there unlikely to warrant investment ? emd advantages are nothing like they used to be and “brand” offers far more and not many would brand an emd. I see them as fine free to reg if there something you have an interest in not really for sales to end user etc maybe 5 years ago not now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom