Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Adding TEL number to word press header?

SF

Reaction score
Hello

Really strugging with this can anyone shed some light?

Thanks
Sean

Post the site, could be just adding to the header file or it may have a header widget?

Find your header.php file either via FTP or the Wordpress dashboard file editor.

open the file add something like:

<div class="header-tel">Tel: 123 456 7890</div>

putting the code above or beneath the line of code of the thing you want it to sit next to.

then find the main style sheet in the same editor (really you should create a child theme and do it in it's style sheet, but that's another topic)

Style the <div>

.header-tel {put styles here;}

The header is included on every page so it will show on all pages.

Hiya mate, Ive manage to sort this by adding it to header.php like you said.

I am having a problem thou with my contact form, it works great and is positioned where i want it but when you move your mouse cursor over I am seeing this

Attachments

• IMG_1476.jpg
    IMG_1476.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_1477.jpg
    IMG_1477.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 153
I really need the cursor to be like the second picture? whats causing this?

Find the below in style.css and delete the "cursor: pointer;" line.

label, input {
cursor: pointer;
display: inline;
}

Hi Boxfish,

Ive stripped away all coursor stuff in css and its not worked could there be another reason for this?

Hi Boxfish,

Ive stripped away all coursor stuff in css and its not worked could there be another reason for this?

You haven't because I can still see that code in your CSS

:D really ok ill have another look

What do you think of my new domain website boxfish?

Hi Boxfish, you was spot on with that bit of code form looks great now no silly cursor.

And thank you about logo I had it done for me.

If you are having the site on the .com, you need to redirect the .co.uk so that the .com resolves, rather than still displaying the .co.uk as that could lead to duplicate content issues etc.

You want non framed web forwarding.

Also the phone number is stripped out in reponsive view. There will be a way to move it under the logo in reponsive mode.

Thank you Mat, ive set up forwarding on all dirivitive extensions, but kept the way it displayed the url as mat says in the address bar, I never thought about dupe content thank you for the heads up mat well spotted ;)

Also the contact form does not work in responsive mode and the menu bar turns to a wood texture at certain tablet type sizes.

Hi Mat,

Ive now changed those - there was some old domains ive made sure they do the same to when forwarding thanks for the heads up.

Sean

Also the phone number is stripped out in reponsive view. There will be a way to move it under the logo in reponsive mode.

Hi Mat, I noticed that myself and was going to attempt that for my next job.

Just installed woo commerce into word press as the theme is an actual shop that came with woo commerce, but having installed it for some reason its not showing the newly created shop pages just code

[woocommerce_my_account]

Ive gone into settings and made sure the account page shows for this but still nothing, ive had woo commerce running lovely on this theme before I just dont know whats going wrong :mad:

This may be completely off as I can't remember off the top of my head and not at home to check myself, but do you need to paste the shortcode into the html editor to work or can it be pasted in either the html or text editor? Just a thought that maybe if it has to be the html editor and you've pasted it in under text editor it could be that, but not sure.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom