Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

AGM: Voting is now open for NED & articles changes

One other enhancement I detailed and encouraged Nominet to support springs to my mind. Explained here.

If you didn't know that it is possible to just enter "whois.nic.uk/example.co.uk" directly into a web browser address bar and get a WHOIS output for the domain name after the forward slash, without needing to navigate to a WHOIS page first and type the query into a field somewhere on the page then you do now.

Whether you think this is useful or not, it's the kind of idea that only someone with experience of querying the WHOIS often would likely suggest and champion. Being on the board, I was in a position to do that sometimes.

You seem to have a strange view of me
It's not just me, mate... read the room. And this thread.
Go into the WDM [...] The pagination is wrong. I pointed that out at least five years ago and it was acknowledged but wasn't fixed. Still hasn't been.
I also plan to champion getting the WDM interface improved or some alternative developed.
So you couldn't do anything about this while you were on the Board for 6 years but you're standing again this year with a plan to fix it? Great stuff! o_O
Are you sure you know what the Board does and that you're not confusing it with the Executive? :confused:

These are rhetorical questions, by the way... in case you intend to detail here your battle plan for how to convince the Board to fix WDM

It's not just me, mate... read the room. And this thread.

Let's not pretend we are "mates". We clearly don't currently like each other and probably never have but I am prepared to be civil here. :)

So you couldn't do anything about this while you were on the Board for 6 years but you're standing again this year with a plan to fix it? Great stuff! o_O
Are you sure you know what the Board does and that you're not confusing it with the Executive? :confused:

I explained it at the time by email and it was kicked back as not a current priority. They obviously haven't gone back to it and reviewed it. I'll see if I can find the email reply where I was told this and ask them if they can get around to it.

Nominet were too slow to do a lot of things unfortunately. They didn't always see the need. Things are probably a bit different today.

Here's the email reply from Nominet. 30th April 2019:

"Thank you for your email below. I have looked at this functionality of filtering by the check tick box via the web domain manager and it does indeed just remove all domains that are not in suspension. It does also appear to not then place all suspended domains onto one page of results. I agree that the above filtering could cause people to miss domains and taking any action on these. We will raise this as an issue and hopefully in the near future this will change."

I'll drop them an email since it's September 2023 and a few things have changed since.

These are rhetorical questions, by the way... in case you intend to detail here your battle plan for how to convince the Board to fix WDM

I missed that sentence. It's not a battle plan. It's one thing but a sorely overlooked interface that a great many of us use almost daily and it's not been invested in. I've been patiently waiting to see some fruits of what was called Project Dragon but so far I am not aware that I have seen anything from it.

Improvements, if done properly, to WDM would directly improve service for many registrars and I would like that to be a high priority. Clearly I have the insight to bring it up as an issue and when one is a board member one does sometimes have some extra clout to get eyeballs on things that others aren't aware of or overlook. The executive aren't the fountain of experience in many respects because they don't use the systems themselves.

Well I didn't vote for you David, but what I found fucking hilarious was that I was able to vote at all. I'm not a member, since around 9 months ago, yet still receiving all the member emails. Was able to login with my membership voting credentials which Nominet emailed me. They email me a lot, the time before this was for a membership fee. Lol.

Amusing. A shambles of an organisation.

• Funny
Reactions: DJ
Amusing. A shambles of an organisation.

Jesus Ben, are you saying that you've not been a member for 9 months and you've actually been sent the details and been able to vote in the NED election?

I appreciate that you have actually said that, but I'm so in disbelief that I thought I'd better double check :(

Jesus Ben, are you saying that you've not been a member for 9 months and you've actually been sent the details and been able to vote in the NED election?

I appreciate that you have actually said that, but I'm so in disbelief that I thought I'd better double check :(
Indeed

Could it be the following scenario:

- You paid £100 on 1st August 2022
- You stopped using your tag 9 months ago?
- Brightwork not showing as deleted on the board reports
- Nominet sent latest membership invoice 1st August 2023
- You get 30 days to pay the membership invoice
- Nominet generated the voting rights 1st September 2023
- They were going to do it on the 8th but changed the date to the 1st September

So there are now members who haven’t paid the August invoice with voting rights?

Brightwork Ops Limited 1,416

fraud-election-fraud.jpg

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom