20i Domains

Nominet AGM + NED elections 2021

Discussion in 'Nominet General Information' started by webber, Oct 27, 2021.

1. webber

webber Active Member

You should have received this notification from Nominet:
    Now, here are my thoughts on this:

Ordinary resolution 5)
    The board has had almost a year since the result of the EGM to prepare a transition to another appointed director.
    Remember that Stephen Page has, along with the rest of the board, unanimously opposed the EGM and frankly, there is no benefit for Page to be there for another year. I don’t see why we can’t expedite the process and not vote for his re-appointment.
    Every Board member that was in office before the EGM needs to be removed at the earliest opportunity.
    That’s how I will be voting

NED Candidates

The same applies to David Thornton who, along with Stephen Page, should have done the honourable thing and announce they will stand down, like Bladel did.
    Thornton has been on the board two terms (6 years) already and says he hasn't learned anything from the failed diversification of Nominet and that he wants to see .uk prices increased
    Did I mention the arrogant and condescending tone, even in his candidate statement? He is going to tell you why!

Liz Williams seems like an experienced candidate, but when she keeps using Russell Haworth's "profit with a purpose" slogan that was used to justify the higher prices and company acquisitions, I for one am really put off. I don't think she understands the current situation Nominet is in and the the members' dissatisfaction.
    Also, it seems to me that she can talk a lot without actually saying anything meaningful.

The only candidates I will be voting for are Ashley La Bolle, Jim Davies and Simon Blackler
    The reason I listed them in this order is because I think Simon will get the majority of the votes so it will be important Ashley and Jim get some first option votes as well for when Simon's surplus votes get redistributed, otherwise we risk having someone like Mr Thornton again on the booard as an unintended result of a formula calculation.

I'll end on this quote from David Thornton, in case you needed any more reasons not to vote for him:
    Screenshot 2021-10-27 at 15.39.04.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
  2. Domain Forum

Acorn Domains Elite Member

articles.co.uk

3. sigh

sigh Active Member

I thought him being a disgusting pathetic excuse of a man was enough. His posts here in the past speak for themselves. Let's hope he gets thrown off the gravy train (preferably at 200mph).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. webber

webber Active Member

A reminder to vote – voting closes at Noon (GMT) on Monday 15th November.

And a reminder to vote the current Board members out:
    • vote against resolution 5 to reappoint Stephen Page and
    not give any votes to David Thornton for the NED

These two, along with the other board members gave Russell and the other directors a £300k payout just before they were sacked: https://jimdavies.co.uk/?page_id=237
    See Nominet's response in this thread https://twitter.com/PerthPom/status/1458817590717997060?s=20

5. Pedigree United Kingdom

Pedigree Active Member Acorn Supporter

I done this yesterday, I used Simon as a proxy as before.

Cheers!

6. jasman United Kingdom

jasman Active Member

Less than a day to vote now.

As regards the AGM resolutions, from the above posts I see the recommendation to vote against Ordinary resolution 5 but what about the other resolutions? I don't know anything about the financial statements or the Chartered Accountants. I don't really know much about how Andrew Green and Eva Lindqvist have acted, whether it has been in the interests of the membership. Can anyone who has been following them more closely advise?

Also I am happy to nominate Simon Blackler as proxy but it asks for his email which I don't have. Does anyone have that to hand?

7. webber

webber Active Member

8. jasman United Kingdom

jasman Active Member

Just what I was after! Much appreciated.

9. webber

webber Active Member

Last chance: Please vote today!
    Please vote against resolution 5 and please don't assign any votes to incumbent NED David Thornton
    Here is why: https://jimdavies.co.uk/?page_id=303

10. webber

webber Active Member

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  11. Pedigree United Kingdom

Pedigree Active Member Acorn Supporter

RESOLUTION 5

RESULT Weighted votes Head Count Votes % of valid vote
    For .............1,200,297...............207...........................51.41%
    Against ......1,134,289...............307............................48.59%

Something doesn't seem right with this?? The system needs to be reformed.

• Agree Agree x 1