Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

another 123 waring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
this is the klast straw now lol
just a heads up for everyone else
I'm tagchanging this week to heart all domains, just hope they're not going to do same

123 just autorenewed some domains, well their new 2 year rate is bad enough but they renewed some at 1 year and some at 2 years! which PROVES they don't have a clue or a system, or a leg to stand on

am now getting all payment methods officially removed

that should be anyone elses first step to avoid same grief, then if they take money, it's theft

My DM renewals are set to 1 year, I hope that's not going to be a standard renewal for UK domains ?

Otherwise I will set everything to manual renew and hope I don't forget :(

once 123 have amednded their cockup, and removed all payment methods as knowing them will try to charge me when no domains in account i am going to heart

do heart have a rep?
anyone know anyone there to come on here and answer a few questions as hope they are not doing same?
they have good rep but so do dm, but they have this silly feature and are now part of 123 so would never go there anyway

this was a heads up mainly as dont want anyone else losing cash

I have a lot of doamins with heart and have done so for a few years. Never any problem with renewals. (or anything else)

You set if you want autorenew. If a domain name moves out, you are never charged for an auto renewal.

They also send you a reminder 30days before it expires, so you have plenty of time to go in and cancel auto renewal if you want to let it die.

Heart are owned by same company as 123 though

FFS lol

well when payment options are off, they're screwed if they try this stunt again
I wonder how much all the UK registrars are gonna scam off businesses and individuals with this 1 year little stunt, and nominet
2 years should have been minimum

think nominet need to be taking some calls on this as I would imagine this was never in their plans for this to happen, longer perios yes, but not the great 1 year rip off fo registrars to default to
I'll be calling them tomorrow
if enough people ring them, then they have to take some action
shit rolls downhill after all

no renewals until I get the fabled tag of my own then

Some should offer "acorn registrations ltd" as a none for profit ;)

do heart have a rep?
anyone know anyone there to come on here and answer a few questions as hope they are not doing same?
they have good rep but so do dm, but they have this silly feature and are now part of 123 so would never go there anyway

There's a Live Chat on the HI site.

I wouldn't worry about it - DM, 123 and HI are all run as separate businesses.

thanks blossom

tbh, just looked at hassle to do
heart only have a 25 domain bulk add transfer tool
then prob easiest way at nom now I don't see bulk tag change link and buggered if doing individ. at 123 lol
is to just transfer all domains to me with diff. email and mr. in front or something for tenner but will take ages

once 123 take my payment details away and sort this error they made (have pm'ed rep here)
that hopefully, touch wood, 'should' be no more problems until I get own tag
is best way i guess
just been too lazy to do

Heart are owned by same company as 123 though

Never had any problems with heart, would strongly recommend if i am honest.

As for 123 i wouldnt touch them with an infected "bell end" after what ive read on here.

Im with Daily now since my run of cock ups with 123 reg.
Daily are great - bulk tag transfers, domain credits and now 1 years reg up to 10 years. Easy system to use - no complaints as of yet.
With 123 the complaints were monthly at minimum.

Im with Daily now since my run of cock ups with 123 reg.
Daily are great - bulk tag transfers, domain credits and now 1 years reg up to 10 years. Easy system to use - no complaints as of yet.
With 123 the complaints were monthly at minimum.

Ditto - All my recent registrations have been with Daily for exactly the same reasons... Was on the cusp of moving to DM but their merger with Satan freaked me out....I also really like the fact that when you search for domains on Daily it automatically flags any that are detagged without you having to click on the Whois (ie it's easier to find forthcoming drops)

Currently dealing with them on this issue. The funniest thing is their ToS:

http://www.123-reg.co.uk/terms/domain-registration-renewal-and-refund-agreement.shtml said:
3.1 123-reg will endeavour to automatically renew domain names when they are due for renewal subject to the following:

3.1.1 You have up to date and valid payment details stored and
3.1.2 You have selected through your Control Panel prior to payment date that you do not wish for 123-reg to automatically renew the domains.

That's right, they explicitly claim to renew where you've said you do not wish it. ;-)

Besides the fact they make it very difficult to opt-out in the first way.

I just discovered that they had charged me 4 times via paypal for a renewal on a single domain that wasn't even on their tag. Sounds like they need some serious system overhaul.

I've just received an invoice from 123reg stating that my debit card has been billed for a domain that I set to expire in the domain control panel 14 months ago!

To say I'm fuming is an understatement!!!

I've opened a support ticket, but from what I've here & elsewhere on the internet I dont hold out much hope of getting a refund. So, unless my debit card is renewed I'll open a case for fraudulent funds removal by 123reg/Webfusion with my bank!

I've just received an invoice from 123reg stating that my debit card has been billed for a domain that I set to expire in the domain control panel 14 months ago!

To say I'm fuming is an understatement!!!

I've opened a support ticket, but from what I've here & elsewhere on the internet I dont hold out much hope of getting a refund. So, unless my debit card is renewed I'll open a case for fraudulent funds removal by 123reg/Webfusion with my bank!

Doubt they'll refund you through their own free will, last time this happened I was polite but firm and told them I'd have to get PayPal to reverse it if they wouldn't and they just stopped responding to the support ticket.

PayPal did so without question. They virtually always side with the buyer in these things, which can either be a help or a pain depending on which party you are at the time.

I think banks are a little more hesitant with card chargebacks but you should have no real problems if you go that route.

this is the klast straw now lol
just a heads up for everyone else
I'm tagchanging this week to heart all domains, just hope they're not going to do same

123 just autorenewed some domains, well their new 2 year rate is bad enough but they renewed some at 1 year and some at 2 years! which PROVES they don't have a clue or a system, or a leg to stand on

am now getting all payment methods officially removed

that should be anyone elses first step to avoid same grief, then if they take money, it's theft

I'm totally hacked off with the crooks!

I've phoned them 3 times now to remove my payment details and close my account.
On all 3 occasions they have confirmed over the phone that my account is now closed etc.

I'm still getting billed for domains I don't own & services that I've cancelled.

I know I can block it, but then I know what will happen next........

Have you got it sorted yet?

Hey guys, I work for 123-reg and I might be able of helping you with these issues. Can you please PM me with your 123-reg account names and any further details, so that I can look into this for you?

Hey guys, I work for 123-reg and I might be able of helping you with these issues. Can you please PM me with your 123-reg account names and any further details, so that I can look into this for you?

I would suggest that people do not send any of their account information until you are confirmed as being a representative of 123-reg, do you have an [email protected] email address for people to contact you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom