Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Are there any debit or credit cards specifically for businesses with cashback or rewards?

Reaction score
I use a credit card that gives cashback for all my personal purchases, which earns me a fair whack in cashback rewards every year (I pay off the full amount every month, so it leaves me quids in) and thought it may be a good idea to do the same with business purchases.

Having done some research on business cards, I've found three debit and credit card companies that provide rewards, be they cash or other forms of remuneration:

- American Express
- Santander
- Utility Warehouse

Are there any other UK debit or credit card companies that provide ongoing cashback or other decent rewards for using their cards for businesses?

As an ancillary question, would there be any issues in getting a cashback credit card for individuals, such as those provided by the likes of Amex, Capital One and MBNA, and then using them for business purchases?

Thank you.

Good find Edwin!

Unfortunately it's only for Americans. T&Cs state it's for the following: "(ii) you are a U.S. citizen or legal alien residing in the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia; (iii) you have provided us with a verifiable U.S. street address (not a P.O. Box)" and when I clicked on the apply link it wouldn't let me get further.

There are quite a few business cards in the USA for their residents, giving up to 3% cashback. Imagine if we could effectively reduce our business expenditure by 3%.

NatWest do some sort of deal, not 100% sure what it is though.

My American Express does 1% Cashback.

Another way to get something for nothing out of your business is to use services like TopCashback. I posted about them extensively here
https://www.acorndomains.co.uk/threads/getting-ready-for-the-black-friday-sales.143605/

There's no reason not to do your business shopping through a cashback site as long as the cashback isn't affecting your purchasing decisions (eg going for a more expensive supplier because they happen to do cashback)

And with rates on things like hotel stays sometimes exceeding 10% and huge cashback on some hosting options, software, mobile contracts etc. it can quickly add up (and certainly eclipse a 1% card reward - though there's no reason not to do both)

Choosing the right cards depends on a couple of things
i) Your annual spend (for some cards e.g. BA amex you'll need a minimum spend to trigger the companion voucher, which is the biggest selling point of that card). Also, for some cards with a fee you'd need to be charging a minimum amount to justify the card fee.

ii) What value you place on the rewards. If you regularly travel and can plan your trip to take advantage of the deals offered by card companies, then you'll likely get far greater value from one of these cards than a pure cashback card. If you're struggling to use these points and vouchers, then you're likely better off with the cashback card.

It's certainly worth thinking what cards to use for your spending, because it can either save you money or make you money. For example if you've got lots of foreign based spend (e.g. servers in $ etc) then using a card with better FX fees could save you a couple of percent per transaction.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom