Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Best UK Domain Registrar

Reaction score
I'm looking for some advice from the more experienced domainers on Acorn with regards to the best UK domain registrar in terms of renewal prices and support.

I currently only have around 100 domains but am looking to move them away from Domain Monster - especially now they are effectively 123-reg - and their support has gone the same way as what we've become accustomed to with 123-reg!

I've looked at GoDaddy and their renewal costs (and reputation for that matter) don't appear to be great.... so any thoughts folks?

Thanks in advance for any guidance anyone can give - based on their own personal experiences :)

I personally use Namecheap currently but when the next renewals come up ill most likely try daily.co.uk, some people here have mentioned them previously as being the cheapest for non-nominet members.

I personally use Namecheap currently but when the next renewals come up ill most likely try daily.co.uk, some people here have mentioned them previously as being the cheapest for non-nominet members.

Thanks for the reply Adam.

I read the recent thread on here about Daily being good, but as that discussion seemed to focus around a large number of domains, I thought it worth asking what people thought generally (with regards to mine being a small domain portfolio - if you can even call it that lol).

I'm interested in some opinions on this, I needed to recommend a registrar to someone the other day and couldn't think of one I'd be happy to recommend...

I really like namecheap. The panel is great

You have enough names that you should really have your own tag. Would save a fortune and have more security/flexibility.

Haha.... I do have my own Tag its ASTOUND, I use Namecheap for my .coms.

I used to be a big fan of Daily but haven't used them for some years, now I have name.com and a backup account on namescheap (never used it).

I've tested a variety of registrars first-hand (Daily, GoDaddy, Easyspace, Namecheap, OVH, SmartHosting/Krystal, TSHost, Yay).
Some are better than others at managing large number of domains with bulk actions and templates for DNS or contacts.

But it's often down to the price.

If you have tens of domains, most registrars are willing to negotiate the fees and will match other registrars' offers.
I've now been given a custom deal with Yay for .uk/.co.uk renewals – just slightly over Nominet reg fee – and a cracking deal for new registrations – almost no markup on the Nominet fee. (I'm not going to share exact numbers, but I'm sure you get the idea)

While I can see the benefit in having your own IPS tag, it does come with a large upfront payment and I am not sure I quite need it yet especially with this pricing from Yay

I've decided to post to this rather old thread since I've came across it while trying to find a cheap registrar and maybe this bit of knowledge will help others get a good deal too.

https://www.lcn.com/domain-names/bulk-pricing#vat_mid

LCN bulk pricing seems to be quite good. Have people used them?
I used them until recently, but they don't have 2 factor auth which is what made me move. Nice and simple user interface though and not too exorbitant price wise.
I avoid Namecheap like the plague. In my experience they don't respect other people's rights or work according to their own domain registrant agreement. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Their customer support have no respect and is slow AF.

I avoid Namecheap like the plague. In my experience they don't respect other people's rights or work according to their own domain registrant agreement. AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Their customer support have no respect and is slow AF.

Just to note, that was 2 years ago I wrote that. But since we have revisited, I have switched to Crazy domains now for the most part but still hold some domains with Namecheap. Never had a problem with either of them. Namecheap I've been using for the best part of 10 years and they've been a breeze compared to Godady who i was mainly with prior.

Having said that ive got domains hosting accounts spread across the majority of hosts and registerars now days, can't say I've had problems with most of them, it's mainly down to cost saving as to why i move around.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom