Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Buying Sedo Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am in the process of buying my first domain through Sedo.

I made payment over 1 week ago and still their status says "we have requested that the seller push the domain into our account at his registrar".

Anyone have any experience how long this usually takes?

Admin

i recently sold n2k and webrecruit and each one took nearly 2/3 months i spent about 2wks demanding that sedo cancel the transaction :( - they had the money straight away but really dragged their feet with the nominet forms etc and releasing the funds.

very wary of it now - has to be worth my while to sell

Edwin said:
Is it a .co.uk?

No it's a .COM

I thought their transfer could be almost instant.

I guess it's only instant if the seller cooperates.

I know I've managed to turn around non-.co.uk transactions within 24 hours of being alerted that funds are available (indicating that it is possible to do deals quickly), but then I don't like dragging my feet on that kind of thing...

Thanks Edwin & Charlie, will give it a day or so more and then start asking for my money back.

If the seller plays ball, they're fast.
I've no experience of seller problems though!

.co.uk

Took me about a month last time to sell a co.uk through sedo the buyer was not very fast in my case.

Well the domain still isn't transfered. I email Sedo every day who do reply but to no avail, I still have no use over the domain. It is now showing as registered to Sedo.

I had to set up an account at Dotster.com because they couldn't work with Registerfly.com so now I have a battle to get my money back from Registerfly. Dotster charge extra for URL forwarding.

I wont be buying a .COM through Sedo again in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom