Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Cheapest and best place to reg. co.uk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi guys, I have been a bit away from the UK market and am looking to develop a few ones so I'm interested in some feedback/advice about registrars for .co.uk

I have my own hosting with GoDaddy.

Cheers

As far as I'm aware 123-reg and Heart are both just about as cheap as it gets.

I would recommend domainmonster.com and ukreg.com

From personal experience I would stay away from 123-reg. It's alright trying to save a few pence on each domain but when it comes down to customer service they're awful.

not sure how easy it is to change IPS Tag on GoDaddy

IMHO stear clear of 123-REG , UKREG, FASTHOSTS

i use HEARTINTERNET and i have NO COMPLAINTS

Godaddy use 3rd a party to reg there .uks so management can be troublesome plus there more expensive

Domainmonster have always been spot on for me great customer support

I use Heart Internet as well. They had a few teething troubles when they first started out years ago, but they've been fine in recent years. Customer service via their ticketing system has always been satisfactory, and they have been improving the interface of late, which has always been fairly easy to use.

Rgds

It's alright trying to save a few pence on each domain but when it comes down to customer service they're awful.

Domain Registration/Management is fairly fundamental to a website IMHO, so picking a domain registrar on price-alone is asking for corners to be cut somehwere.

Generally you don't pick the cheapest car you can find, you pick one that has the features/shiny-bits/badge you require - you don't pick the cheapest clothes you can find, you select those that fit - treat your domains the same way :D

Domain Registration/Management is fairly fundamental to a website IMHO, so picking a domain registrar on price-alone is asking for corners to be cut somehwere.

Generally you don't pick the cheapest car you can find, you pick one that has the features/shiny-bits/badge you require - you don't pick the cheapest clothes you can find, you select those that fit - treat your domains the same way :D

Nice little analogy that.

It is all down to the bells and whistles you require , like many portfolio holders I have a great personal account exec at Godaddy - which puts their sevice level way and beyond any others, and I don't have to play around with the shopping cart, discount codes or pay their internal redemption. would I recommend them to others- not a bloody chance, unless you had the same service level.

Again I use 123-reg purely as a holding station for my .co.uks - couldn't imagine using them for hosting or anything else (they like their weekends off) that required a technical based solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom