Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Cloud Computing and other computing domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Igrid.co.uk | Igrid | ActiveX Controls | ActiveX Zip Component | Ingrid Vandebosch
GridComputing.co.uk | Grid Computing | Grid Computing | Mesh Computing | Networked Computing
meshcomputing.com

"Grid computing (or the use of a computational grid) is the application of several computers to a single problem at the same time -- usually to a scientific or technical problem that requires a great number of computer processing cycles or access to large amounts of data. According to John Patrick, IBM's vice president for Internet strategies, "the next big thing will be grid computing."

"In 2007 the term cloud computing came into popularity, which is conceptually similar to the canonical Foster definition of grid computing (in terms of computing resources being consumed as electricity is from the power grid). Indeed, grid computing is often (but not always) associated with the delivery of cloud computing systems as exemplified by the AppLogic system"

B

For me the term "cloud" seems to express a meaning of one company, like Microsofts cloud, Google Cloud etc.

The grid seems to be a better word with regards a collection of clouds, so I can see it taking off as the next big thing.

well I certainly hope that the value certainly increases...

not sure what to do with them in the mean-time....

Me neither, I reg'd £150's worth 4 months ago.

So if you read my post back with that in mind, you may see me trying to convince myself, haha:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom