Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

DebtConsolidation.co.uk - £14,000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
DebtConsolidation.co.uk is showing on sedo as sold - £14,000

Regards,

Laura

Very good news Laura, thanks for sharing :)

There's something very odd going on with Sedo reported prices.

debtconsolidating.co.uk available from Nominet for £5

Not as good, but not 3000 times worse.

FC Domains said:
There's something very odd going on with Sedo reported prices.

debtconsolidating.co.uk available from Nominet for £5

Not a good, but not 3000 times worse.

Surely that's not really the point? Why should a company able to afford the relatively minor outlay (on a commercial scale, it's minor, comparable to a magazine ad or two) for the very best name in their niche market/industry settle for a poor also-ran?

You have to put on a business hat when judging these kinds of sales. For an individual, the sale price may represent a lot of money (though I know many people for whom it would hardly elicit a flicker of interest) but from a business perspective it's a drop in the bucket for many companies.

In fact, it looks pretty cheap when looking at the Overture search and bid price stats, and considering debt consolidation is one of THE hottest industries on the web!

Last edited:
They might even get a few domainers trying to reign in their finances!!

DebtConsolidation.co.uk

Hello there!

Yes the sale of DebtConsolidation.co.uk for 14000GBP does certainly reflect the growing importance of the .co.uk TLD and we predict that this situation can only improve. Although at the moment I would say that.co.uk's still represent the best bargains in market at the moment

For up to date information on Sedo's most recent .co.uk sales see the Domain Name Sales on AD.

Unfortunately :( the minimum fee issue surrounding .co.uk sales still remains unresolved - please rest assured that this will be one of our highest priorities in future discussions with Nominet.

I hope you all have a great weekend!

David [email protected]

Unfortunately the minimum fee issue surrounding .co.uk sales still remains unresolved - please rest assured that this will be one of our highest priorities in future discussions with Nominet.

What has "future discussions with Nominet" got to do with your fee structure? There's no difference in your work load if you sell either a .com or .co.uk as the buyer and seller do all the donkey work, and yet one is twice the price as the other one. :(

apd said:
What has "future discussions with Nominet" got to do with your fee structure? There's no difference in your work load if you sell either a .com or .co.uk as the buyer and seller do all the donkey work, and yet one is twice the price as the other one. :(

Here here... :confused:

I agree - although perhaps some novice .co.uk sellers give Sedo additional work if they don't know Nominet procedures. That's why I feel Sedo should certainly offer SedoPro members reduced fees for .co.uk sales. We know the Nominet procedures like the back of our hand (and we never involve sedo in any of the work) and most of our transactions are smoother, if anything, than .com transactions where sedo sometimes offer to transfer the domain into their own holding account for no extra cost -which makes me wonder - are the .co.uk domainers subsidising .com sales? :confused: :confused:

debtconsolidation.co.uk

Hi everyone. Just thought I'd add to your discussion because I bought the domain debtconsolidation.co.uk for AllClear Finance. It's good to see we are already generating interest!

We have also recently purchased debtfree.co.uk which we believe was the other best domain available.

It's true that debt consolidation is one of the hottest terms especially in respect of PPC's and we believe we will get free traffic from people guessing the domain when they are looking for debt consolidation. This could therefore be a source of business for years to come.

We also wish to be a market leader in our field and hence a similar but not as good domain would not be appropriate (we also have a number of these debtconsolidate.co.uk, wwwdebtconsolidation.co.uk, debtsmanagement.co.uk, managedebts.co.uk etc).

debtconsolidation.co.uk and debtfree.co.uk were generating free traffic but once we add a good relevant site to each domain we believe we are well positioned to also generate traffic through the search engines. Approximately 12 months ago debtconsolidation.co.uk used to be top of google for debt consolidation but someone must have failed to renew!

We also advertise extensively through google adwords and what we have found is that the domain can have a direct effect on your CTR's and hence the amount you need to pay per click. We advertise refusedaloan.co.uk, ivas.co.uk and loanapplication.co.uk and where the domain is similar to the search terms you generate significantly more traffic (hence why espotting insist you include the search term in your title).

When we ever launch a TV or radio campaign a memorable domain name is essential (hence all the .tv's).

You can also build a whole company image around a good domain (loans.co.uk).

When you are valuing a domain for a business as well as looking at how much people will pay for a PPC it is also worth looking at how much they will pay for a successful application. This is really where the true value can be seen.

We are therefore confident that generic domain names (that are business related) are definitely good investments for the future and it's wise to buy before others realise it too! We will definitely be looking for new ones that come available.

Hello AllClear,

Very nice set of domains! are you affiliated with "Debt Recoveries" in any way?

Best wishes,

Sean

Good to see you here allclear

In my opinion debtconsolidation.co.uk for £14,000 was a bargain, especially for someone in the industry. i.e. How much do you pay on google adwords for the keyword "debt consolidation" ? So every visit for you is worth a lot more than for the rest of us who share revenue with google and other ppc providers. Even if you didn't develop the site you would probably recoup your outlay in 2-3 years (i.e. no of visits x cost of google adword "debt consolidation"), and with a developed site the domain must surely be a goldmine. As I think Edwin said in a previous post what's £14k compared to the cost of a TV advert or magazine ads? - some companies are very short sited when it comes to buying the best name for their industry and weighing up the cost against their existing advertising budget. All the best and keep visiting the forum.

Kind regards,

Nigel - by the way we own debt-free.co.uk if you wanted to complete the set. PM me if you're interested.

I think the bigger companies aren't on the same page yet. It is too difficult to get approval for a purchase off someone who doesn't understand the potential value. Often they also outsource their internet advertising so there is no-one in the business who understands the internet. To put the cost in context I know companies that pay up to 1k for a successful referral. These are the companies that pay £20 ppc. If only 1 in 10 apply and then 1 in 10 go ahead they are spending £20 on a 100 to 1 shot?

I guess there's still some hope for my own debt recovery related domains, then - just wait for other companies to get a clue :)

Oh, ok then... on or near the subject: debtconsolidators.co.uk, personaldebt.co.uk, baddebtfinancing.co.uk, consolidatingdebts.co.uk, secondmortgages.co.uk and a lot of "factoring"-related domains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom