Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Do I name a price when approaching a potential seller?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I want to see if the UK owner of a not-particularly-valuable .com domain is willing to sell it.

Do I mention a price on my initial enquiry or just, in my first email, simply ask whether it's for sale? Or maybe I should phone the owner?

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks in advance, Luke

personally if there is no kind of price mentioned then I ignore them (unless there are other reasons to assume that the buyer is serious), as more often than not they only want to spend £15 or so.

Depends on what you think of a seller. If you think they might be a domainer or at least in the web industry, I'd suggest making an initial offer to show you're serious. If not, they're more likely to jump at an opportunity to sell, so I wouldn't bother with an initial offer.

I suppose you could always start without an offer, but follow up with one if you don't get an initial response.

Thanks for your views.

I've opened up with an offer that shows interest but that I am able to move up from a bit of a way.

No response as yet.

Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom