Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Domain hijacked from Hostway - Help / Advice me please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dear Members,

I have a peculiar problem with one of my domains purchased in 2010 from Hostway.co.uk here under:

I own a one word .co.uk domain booked via my friends account with Hostway in 2010, is showing different registrant name at Nominet as well as it is redirecting to a domain sales page. This domain is still within my control panel but I can not modify the records as well as DNS, doing so is leading to message "order not exist".

I contacted Hostway over phone as well as my friend started a support ticket, we presented them the success email we got while registering the domain. The support staff (quick to answer) claims that "IPS Tag" has been changed and domain is with 3rd party provider. They asked us not to respond to support ticket as such an action will cause the issue to get "De-escalated." So I feel they are investigating the issue and hopefully things will be sorted out soon, but also very much worried if we really get back the same.

If a domain is not safe with provider then where we all go? I am looking to get valuable advice from the experienced webmasters, I have sufficient proof of domain ownership which can be produced if needed. I am not disclosing the name of domain for privacy reason, sorry for that. Yes I will do so if I am 100% convinced about my domain is hijacked.

Thanks for all your time reading this thread.

What is the renewal date? If the domain was in your friends account, it may have expired and you didn't get the renewal details (as it is not your account) and then the domain was deleted and re-registered by someone else.

If the domain had not reached expiry, get in touch with Nominet with as much detail and proof of purchase as possible and seek their guidance. The IPSTag can only be changed by the registrant or the current registrar or by Nominet so if the domain is no longer on your registrar's tag they won't be able to do much other than tell you what is in their logs.

What is the renewal date? If the domain was in your friends account, it may have expired and you didn't get the renewal details (as it is not your account) and then the domain was deleted and re-registered by someone else.

If the domain had not reached expiry, get in touch with Nominet with as much detail and proof of purchase as possible and seek their guidance. The IPSTag can only be changed by the registrant or the current registrar or by Nominet so if the domain is no longer on your registrar's tag they won't be able to do much other than tell you what is in their logs.

Thanks for your reply!

Renewal date is in August 2012, we never transferred this domain and nor it's expires as it's booked for 2 years. This domain name is still over panel but we are not able to change the whois record. As per hostway they are saying that they are still investigating how "IPS Tag" has been changed.

So are you suggesting that I should report this incident to immediately or wait for reply from Hostway side?

We have all the proofs which includes screenshots, payment details etc.

Please suggest.

Your help will be appreciated, kindly let me know how to proceed. I really like to move things immediately.

For questions regarding your .uk domain name registration

Telephone: +44(0)1865 332244 (Lines open 8am - 6pm)
Email: [email protected]
Fax: +44(0)1865 332288
Or you can request a call back from one of our advisors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom