Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

End users with head-up-arse-syndrome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely you mean the other way around i.e. they have the .org.uk and you have the .co.uk? Otherwise what's in it for them?

less competition for them? i bought it planning on doing a site myself but sometimes the easy option like this appeals. I doubt I could get the .org.uk above theirs but I wouldnt bet against getting mine in at #2. perhaps it will look more appealing to them as a purchase when it's there.

I wouldn't hold your breath on this one. If they are a business they probably won't be overly interested in the generic org.uk

I have never successfully sold a domain or site anywhere except here, flippa or a4u, and it sounds like I do not have much chance doing otherwise with this one.

if they buy it i'll let you know!

This thread is typical of a domainer selling to an enduser, and we all know most of the problems with that.

I do sell to endusers and if it does not sell i bang it on here, once you have marketed a domain hard it has limited value. The trick is not contact lots of potential buyers, as this is a must, the trick is to spend hours researching who the decision makers are. Get your leads qualified and mail them with out being spammy.

Our issue is not that the domain is right for the buyer as we know it is, our issue is explaining to the buyer why it has value and should be of interest.

When you approach large companies you could be given dozens of contacts on our way to the decision maker and anyone of them could say not interested. Because they do not think it is of interest and you never get to speak to the man who might be interested.

I called a medium sized local company and could not get through with my pitch, so i called a few weeks later asking if i could buy their domain that they were using for their business as i wanted to ensure my brand was protected and was looking to invest in a company simular to theirs, they owned the singular and i owned the plural. Hey presto i hade the right man on the phone, we talked and he ended up buying my domain for more than i expected. Why - because he understood that i was going to compete and that i was prepared to invest in his domain and make a substantial offer for it.

Trick is not to sell while selling.

If i had got through the first time and suggested that he buy my domain, he would have probably said no. If i had said that someone could use it and compete and inevitably that would cost far more, he would probably not have seen the threat.

Quadcopter co uk - I marketed this domain and no one bit, i threw it in the Domain lore for 50 quid and no one bit. I set up a shop and i suddenly start getting emails from quadcopters co uk asking to buy my domain. Told him i had no interest but hat i was interested in selling some of the other email inquiries for £20 each....he was furious, and is now buying my domain for a hell of a lot more than i initially offered it for.

When i market a domain my list is usrually over 100 companies, i am marketing cloud server co uk singular and plural, to the US market and am mailing 700 companies looking for offers over £10,000, that mailing went out 2 hours ago and i have 6 interested parties....less than 1%, it has taken me 3 weeks to put the list together, say 15 hours and I still cannot be sure it was worth the effort. BUT if you don't try you don't get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom