Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Facebook Paid $8.5 Million to Acquire Fb.com !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pointless, everyone knows and is use to facebook.com, a lot probabaly have it on their favourites list or an app for it.

Waste of 6 million quid :|

I can see fb.com being a lot better for their mail system, rather than facebookmail.com or whetever they use at the minute.

Also, as facebook becomes more a part of everyday life kids will start with the txt speak etc, it won't be long before everyone under 18 refers to it as fb in everyday speech so i think they have done the right thing

Yeah bit of a waste of money especially as they will no doubt set up .fb domains soon, but then they have money burn. My guess is they're planning on giving each user they're own domain/ subdomain like johnsmith.fb or johnsmith.fb.com

Guess so, but at that level they have more money than they know what to do with. I'm sure someone at the top is buying all sorts of pointless things. Like specially designed air-navigable ergonomic office chairs, or an entire hallway at FB HQ devoted to cased cloned heads of the board members, fed on a mix of porridge and custard through small gangly plastic tubing.

Also, as facebook becomes more a part of everyday life kids will start with the txt speak etc, it won't be long before everyone under 18 refers to it as fb in everyday speech so i think they have done the right thing

they already do!

I think it is a great purchase. Its not like they dont have the money!

Fantastic purchase for Facebook, why wouldn't they snap that domain up when it fits so perfectly with their brand?

Guess so, but at that level they have more money than they know what to do with. I'm sure someone at the top is buying all sorts of pointless things. Like specially designed air-navigable ergonomic office chairs, or an entire hallway at FB HQ devoted to cased cloned heads of the board members, fed on a mix of porridge and custard through small gangly plastic tubing.

Now, where's the Like button?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

Sponsors

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Sponsors

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Shiny Nuts