Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Friendly Takeover of The Domainers Network! The largest domain industry group on LinkedIn with 7,956

Helmuts

AcornDomains.co.uk
★★★★★
Reaction score
Finally I am able to announce that just took friendly control of The Domainers Network, the largest domain industry group on LinkedIn with a solid number 7,956 members!

"The Domainers Network" Linkedin Group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/115653/

Founded in June 2008 by Mukundan Krishnaswamy, The Domainers Network is a valuable asset for anyone in the domain space. Me, with the help of @Andrey Insarov from @it.com Domains, will work alongside Mukundan and our @Admin (Felix) to optimize the group and ensure it continues to thrive.

This exciting development comes at a perfect time for us, as we are looking to promote the upcoming Domain Summit.

As from the legal side, there isn't a specific clause in LinkedIn's Terms of Service (TOS) that explicitly prohibits buying or selling LinkedIn groups. After carefully reading these, it seems Linkedin is always the real owner of the groups and all the content that is posted there.

Here is a list of other notable Linkedin groups of our industry:
Sadly, I can't disclose the details of the agreement.

Feel free to reach out if you wish to help us with the moderation of the group and by this putting your name even more out there. I am always happy to help a fellow industry professional doing even more business!!

Lesson to all the entrepreneurs > instead of looking for occasional drama, keep an open eye on all the opportunities (this is a muscle to be trained) :)

.. there are more directions I am working in, and the same applies to @Ryan Ewen > huge respect, buddy, for constant and impressive growth!!

Gentlmen, if you have business victories, small or large > don't be shy > share tham here, that we can congratulate you too!

The UK domainer community just got even stronger!

Best wishes all!!
Helmuts

p.s. Apart from this, it seems we have a good "click" with Mukundan, and there might be joint projects I might do together with him; related to the Domain Summit, of course.

p.p.s. Also, in far 2017 I did the opposite: sold a super active "UK Latvian" Facebook group for £15'000 // the deal got mentioned in the main Latvian business newspaper "Dienas Business" (alternative to "Financial Times" in Latvia) https://www.db.lv/zinas/kapec-tika-...omunikacijas-platforma-vietne-facebook-466954

Feel free to reach out if you wish to help us with the moderation of the group and by this putting your name even more out there.

I nominate Rocket. He's a great people person and has now got time on his hands.

I nominate Rocket. He's a great people person and has now got time on his hands.

Good morning Kaleido, even as a joke, there is no need to insult anybody. Let us all wish each other success.

Thank you. Helmuts

I'll say no more on the matter but I expect a knock on my door from the Acops at any moment.

As from the legal side, there isn't a specific clause in LinkedIn's Terms of Service (TOS) that explicitly prohibits buying or selling LinkedIn groups. After carefully reading these, it seems Linkedin is always the real owner of the groups and all the content that is posted there.

It's in their user agreement that you will not "Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without LinkedIn’s consent"

Selling groups is against their TOS.

Then again, you think homophobic attacks against your users is acceptable. Doubt breaking TOS will be too much of a concern to you.

It's in their user agreement that you will not "Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without LinkedIn’s consent"

Selling groups is against their TOS.

Then again, you think homophobic attacks against your users is acceptable. Doubt breaking TOS will be too much of a concern to you.

I took over the group as the person has personal reasons why he will not be able to look after it. I got this offer as have been putting up myself out there in the public. If you wish to learn more about the reasons - please do come to our Acorn meetup on July 16th.

The same applies on your assumptions what I accept or don't. These are wrong.

Enjoy your weekend, H

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom