Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

_org_uk garageconversions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
3,600 exact match on google tool per month

Brilliant end user domain with an average garage conversion being £10k plus !

All extensions taken

Offers please

Thanks for the offer.

Highest bidder so far is Mally with £50

This will be sold at 6pm on Tuesday 4th November 2008 (acorn time) to Mally, if no more offers are received

Thanks

That is a good sale - well done.

I struggle to see why this domain is worth £75 though? Was it because of the high CPC on google keywords?

Surely it will be quite difficult to get high in google? There are some real tough competitors on the first page of google.

Your other listing on the other hand, currencyconverters seems to have received less interest yet gets more searches...

That is a good sale - well done.

I struggle to see why this domain is worth £75 though? Was it because of the high CPC on google keywords?

Surely it will be quite difficult to get high in google? There are some real tough competitors on the first page of google.

Your other listing on the other hand, currencyconverters seems to have received less interest yet gets more searches...

Thanks for your input and thoughts.

It is all down to a possible end user sale and monetisation. For example 1 garage conversion sale is on average £10k and if the person who bought it from me, knows someone in this industry then it is a no brainer to him.

It wouldn't be that hard to get high in google for the keyphrase, the competitiors you mention are not that hard to beat in my opinion (and I have been doing seo for years)

Plus I know for a fact that with some simple optimisation which most developers know, it would be an easy number 1 on yahoo, due to the domain name being the exact match of the searched for keyword.

Currency converters on the other hand, is more of a "useful tool" type name / site, where it gets more searches, but it is harder to monetise apart from adsense (which as quite high cpc too)

Hope this gives you a better insight into this, as I am assuming you are quite new as you only joined a few weeks ago.

Also judging by your own names you are trying to sell, how would you monetise "cab ride" - do you think someone would type that into a search engine ?

Welcome to acorn, it is a great place to learn all about domains and the art of buying and selling them :)

Last edited:
Thanks for your detailed response.

I understand your point about cabride - this is potentially a name for an end-user (such as a cab firm) - although there are around 2,400 exact searches for cab ride per month and in October there were 5,400 searches.

Thanks for your detailed response.

I understand your point about cabride - this is potentially a name for an end-user (such as a cab firm).

No probs at all.

There is loads of excellent posts on here, and I am sure you will fit in very well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom