Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Godaddy.com any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether godaddy.com is a good site to use to sell domains?
I noticed there is a sign up fee of £3.00. Has anyone any experience of this site? Or put domains in auction here?

Thanks
Dom

you can't auction off .uk domains there so depends on what you're looking to auction off.

I've not sold any, but I've bought one (the name in my sig actually). I realise that probably isn't too helpful for you, but I've spent a while in the auctions and based on that I can tell you that names with PageRank (especially 3+) will do extremely well. It's more of a global .com/.org/.net marketplace.

Also, watch out for tons of added hidden costs heaped up on top. I know buyers get silly costs added, so I wouldn't be surprised if they charged you a selling fee or something after a domain's been sold.

Worth having a google around for discount codes as well, I know they occasionally have codes for free auction membership, same may be true for listings?

Thanks dta & Blossom. I will give it a better look. Can't see anywhere if there is a fee to put into auction..

there's no fee to place a domain as a standard entry in an auction, just a fee if the domain is sold.

there is always the option to showcase the auction entry, etc for which there is a seperate charge.

i've sold a number but ended up buying more (story of my life!!) so have stopped using it... for now ;)

lol seems the story for many dta! I'm a newbie trying not to get too carried away!

Thanks Blossom found code: gdz1119a 33% OFF. I owe you a chocolate bar!

Thanks Blossom found code: gdz1119a 33% OFF. I owe you a chocolate bar!

No problem, anything but dark chocolate will do :cool:

On second thoughts, with GoDaddy's reputation, best donate it to an animal charity...

A few years ago it was quite good for selling .coms in the $50 - $500 range, then they started adding loads - millions - of names from other parties and it got too diluted. I used to get 2 or 3 sales a month from there, then it went down to nothing. I haven't listed anything in auction there for a couple of years now.

If your names are reg'd with Godaddy you can list them with their Premium Listings, but they want about 30% of any sale for doing so whish takes the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom