Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How long for .com whois update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
How long should it take for a .com NS record change to appear on the whois.

Mostly it takes 24-72 hours same like domain registration process.

Instantly, if the company is any good.

Well it was 123-reg but I deliberately didnt mention that as everyone would just say never.

Spent 65 minutes waiting on the phone, as guess what the online NS change didnt work. He assured me it was done... over 24 hours now and still no change on the whois.

Yep not propagation.. but just to see the change on the whois.. I thought that should be instant.

It pains me to say it, but this is one area in the UK we are a Global joke.
As far as regsitrars are concerned we're retarded.
Forget tld registering when it comes to uk registering, it's that simple.
On all fronts.

It pains me to say it, but this is one area in the UK we are a Global joke.
As far as regsitrars are concerned we're retarded.
Forget tld registering when it comes to uk registering, it's that simple.
On all fronts.

Its twice the price for a worse service. Just use eNom or even GoDaddy (shudder)...

Enom have a flawed system where people have lost domains.
Because an individual domain can have an individual password designated to achieve access.
If you are sold a domain & it has been allocated a unique password & you don't change, an unscrupulous seller can steal back.
It's happened many times before & they won't change the system.
They're also pricy unless you have a resller account or low priced account.
Godaddy are the biggest registrar but not without faults. Also if you get a whiff of a complaint on your name they freeze it, fine you an admin charge etc
They can be nightmares.
I would recommend Moniker, they have never lost a domain, have top support & the top man Monte even frequents the forums, to chat to.

everything should be instant

Not necessarily, it depends on how the timers were set in your zone file. If it's cached at your ISP, you'll still have to wait for the old entry to expire, so best practice IMHO is reduce your TTLs well in advance of making any changes.

P.

Enom have a flawed system where people have lost domains.
Because an individual domain can have an individual password designated to achieve access.
If you are sold a domain & it has been allocated a unique password & you don't change, an unscrupulous seller can steal back.
It's happened many times before & they won't change the system.
They're also pricy unless you have a resller account or low priced account.
Godaddy are the biggest registrar but not without faults. Also if you get a whiff of a complaint on your name they freeze it, fine you an admin charge etc
They can be nightmares.
I would recommend Moniker, they have never lost a domain, have top support & the top man Monte even frequents the forums, to chat to.

I only named the big two to not offend anyone!

I would also recommend Moniker, the prices are slightly higher than other registrars but they have never lost a domain (Quote Moniker).

As it is, I'm quite happy with enom, and have a pretty good reseller account with them so I get my domains cheap as chips!

That being said, they are taking days to do an incoming transfer - usually it only takes a day or two!

Jee

As it is, I'm quite happy with enom, and have a pretty good reseller account with them so I get my domains cheap as chips!

That being said, they are taking days to do an incoming transfer - usually it only takes a day or two!

Jee

The hold up is rarely the winning registrar.
Normally the losing registrar don't answer back & they have to wait a standard 3/4 days before authorising

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom