Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

How many .co.uk domains are there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've been searching for stats on how many .co.uk domains have been registered and unfortunately Nominet only gives a single figure for all subdomains. Has anybody any accurate figures on how many .co.uk domains there are. (Just at a guess based on the numbers of new .uk doms per month it should be in the region of 90% of the overall figure.) Basically I'm looking at a theoretical reconstruction of .uk domains to track domain movements (new/deleted/transferred) in .uk ccTLD.

Though why the mylandingdns.com (16483 identified) and metaparking.com (3897 identified) seem to have so many .co.uk domains and so few com/net/org/biz/info domains is a bit confusing.

Regards...jmcc

Nominet did a press release for extra business a month back and reckoned on 5 million in their staged registration. However I'm not sure if they meant it was the 5 millionth domain ever registered or it was the 5 millionth currently active registration. Is millionth even a word?

LeeOwen said:
Nominet did a press release for extra business a month back and reckoned on 5 million in their staged registration. However I'm not sure if they meant it was the 5 millionth domain ever registered or it was the 5 millionth currently active registration. Is millionth even a word?
I think it was the 5 millionth active domain. Still it is impressive for a ccTLD. Theoretically .uk should be easier to track than .eu (I've mapped about 70% of the .eu domains and I am convinced that tens of thousands are being warehoused without nameservers by US/CA "registrars".) since it is largely a single language domain. The .eu was a mess to reconstruct because there are so many dictionary words in other languages and it is way too early in the morning to have to deal with French or German let alone Dutch. :)

Regards...jmcc

LeeOwen said:
.... Is millionth even a word?

Now that might be an interesting one for Nominet to decide on, seeing as millionth.co.uk exists (as well as the com, net, eu, org & info). :)

hi..

yes it is a word

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=dictionary:millionth&meta=

The ordinal number matching the number million in a series.
One of a million equal parts.

Directory > Reference > Wikipedia > millionth millionth
One millionth is equal to 0.000 001, or 1 x 10-6 in scientific notation. It is the reciprocal of a million. Units using this fraction can be indicated using the prefix "micro-" from Greek, meaning "small". Numbers of this quantity are expressed in terms of µ (the Greek letter mu).

Millionth.com was reg'ed on 28 march 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom