Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Your thoughts on .co.uk domains these days

Not sure why you think this is a fake post. It's genuinely me telling you what I've been doing. ‍♂️

what did you buy?

1. Dadtalks.co.uk is the one I might develop. I have a young daughter and I found it harder than expected so might develop this in to something.
2. Fragmentation - one word domain. But long.lol
3. JuniorAthletics.co.uk - I thought there must be something in that
4. WordCheck.co.uk - not sure what I thought about this one but word seemed like a good keyword
5. AiButler - because everything is AI

My last post goes in line with what m4c said... I valued these much higher than I would have done if I didn't own them even now after only owing them for a month and a bit more research in to what I'm doing.

My last post goes in line with what m4c said... I valued these much higher than I would have done if I didn't own them even now after only owing them for a month and a bit more research in to what I'm doing.

Everyone does it, and it's all part of the learning curve. You just have to ask yourself what are you actually going to do with it ? Bet everyone here has some howlers.

Dadtalks for instance could absolutely be a forum and advice site for new dads. You can build value into it by building on it. Then it becomes worth the value of the site. Make sure its a subject youd be interested in though or you'll get bored with it pretty quickly.

1. Dadtalks.co.uk is the one I might develop. I have a young daughter and I found it harder than expected so might develop this in to something.
4. WordCheck.co.uk - not sure what I thought about this one but word seemed like a good keyword

What @dee said.

1. DadTalks.co.uk - could definitely be developed into something worthwhile, but monetising could prove challenging.
  2. Fragmentation - too long, no real angle.
  3. JuniorAthletics.co.uk - It could be developed as an informational blog, promoting products via affiliate. But it's a bit broad and will be hard to compete.
  4. WordCheck.co.uk - This one appeals to me as a developer for a programmatic display-ad site, catering for the various word games out there, or maybe text based tools. Hard to compete, though.
  5. AiButler - Brandable. Gotta get lucky with these. Easy to buy, harder to sell.

I wouldn't necessarily be too bothered about making money out of dadtalks. It would likely be a personal thing anyway based on my experience of becoming a dad.

The others, we will see. Maybe I will dip my toe in to the cold outreach you mentioned before. See if anything comes from it.

Do you think this is a post from the new owner to create activity?

Just sounds like its been written by an AI writer using very similar content that has surfaced on the forum before, then tweaked a bit with the subtle dropping in of various web services to stimulate conversation.

Haha, what's happening here! Conspiracy theories. I suppose that 5G tower gave everyone covid as well!

I promise I'm not an AI chat bot. I'm not the owner of anything apart from my house amd a shitty VW golf.

And surely the whole point of a forum is to stimulate conversation!?

Personally I stay away from anything that I would consider 'brandable' on .co.uk's and stick to keywords (an entrepreneurial brain would see a possibility in probably every 'brandable' domain and would be hard to stop imo, trademark clashes etc).

If I spot a FTR I like, the first thing I do is see if it's been registered before, I'll also do a keyword check in the search engines... you may even find a better combination/suggestion come up and it's FTR.

Also when doing search engine checks, if you get like 100,000,000,000,000+ results, click through the pages and see if your keywords are still there/relevant.

I like wordcheck.co.uk, word games are pretty popular and addictive... could see something there... :)

Last edited:

I wouldn't register any of these, they're not business orientated

If I were going to try and find FTR domains I would more be looking towards stuff like popular word + industry

Direct or total / Direct Cleaning or Total IT for instance

You will find a lot of businesses already using variations like directcleaningltd / direct-cleaning / directcleaninglondon

Maybe someone will buy it one day maybe they wont but at least you know its a name businesses want to use so there is a chance

Personally I stay away from anything that I would consider 'brandable' on .co.uk's and stick to keywords (an entrepreneurial brain would see a possibility in probably every 'brandable' domain and would be hard to stop imo, trademark clashes etc).

If I spot a FTR I like, I think the first thing I do is see if it's been registered before, I'll also do a keyword check in the search engines... you may even find a better combination/suggestion come up and it's FTR.

Also when doing search engine checks, if you get like 100,000,000,000,000+ results, click through the pages and see if your keywords are still there/relevant.

I like wordcheck.co.uk, word games are pretty popular and addictive... could see something there... :)

https://domainlore.uk/auctions/gems_id/36275
*wink* *wink*

Just sounds like its been written by an AI writer using very similar content that has surfaced on the forum before, then tweaked a bit with the subtle dropping in of various web services to stimulate conversation.

Well, it scored 100% Human on https://writer.com/ai-content-detector.

Try generating something using AI and then "tweaking" it.
You will find that it still won't score anything close to 100% Human.

Saying that though. If you know a few prompt tricks and use GPT4 you can get close to non-detection.

This week.
Unfortunately there have been cases of false positives and, as with all these things, legitimate people will get penalised as others get around it. It's time for people to learn to live with, and utilise, these things rather than vainly banging their heads against the wall trying to 'gatekeep' humanity. Do we *really* need to learn everything? People use calculators now... you don't see mathematicians insisting that all calculations are done manually and 'penalising' students who don't.

This week.
Unfortunately there have been cases of false positives and, as with all these things, legitimate people will get penalised as others get around it. It's time for people to learn to live with, and utilise, these things rather than vainly banging their heads against the wall trying to 'gatekeep' humanity. Do we *really* need to learn everything?

Sure, but in the context of this thread. I am pointing out that it appears that the opening thread text was is not AI-generated as @JMI suggested.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom