Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

I'll be exhibiting at Internet World in Earls Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm going to be exhibiting (under the "Memorable Domains" banner) at the Internet World show in Earls Court at the end of this month. The show runs from April 29th to May 1st, and it is apparently the largest web-related show in the UK. More info on the show itself at http://www.internetworld.co.uk/

I'll have stand E277 (just opposite Sedo so you can kill two birds with one stone) so please drop by and have a chat if you happen to be in the area.

I have 1,500 brochures prepared that make a strong case for generic domain names in general (as well as promoting my own names of course) so hopefully if I can get those into enough "general public" attendees' hands, it will make at least a small difference to their perception of the value of such domains. Best would be to get the media on board so I'll try and snag any passing journalists :)

Anyway, the show's a lot of fun (I went last year) so why not pencil it into your diary?

Hi Edwin

Good luck with the show! Are you able to email me a pdf of your brochure?

Thanks
Stephen

I'll pop a PDF copy of the brochure on my site once the show is over. Don't want to spoil the fun ahead of time!

Yep I went last year too. I think they teamed the expo up with a direct mail/postal/stationery show - I spent a lot of time in the other half to be honest, but there was some ok stuff in the internet half.

Good luck Edwin - If I'm in London I'll stop by

I think they teamed the expo up with a direct mail/postal/stationery show

Yes, they're holding the show in tandem with the International Direct Marketing Fair ( http://www.idmf.co.uk/ ) again. Each of the shows occupies half of the event hall. They've flipped sides from last year though i.e. the two shows will each be occupying the space that the other did previously.

Thanks. Yes, I did. And my friend who's going to pop over and help man the stand at Internet World helped proof/rewrite it - he's got a great eye for catchy copy.

are you going to have BIN prices on all your names at the stall? :mrgreen:

are you going to have BIN prices on all your names at the stall? :mrgreen:

Yes and no. BIN prices (I've already fixed them) will certainly be available to people enquiring about specific names, but I'm not going to be handing around a general list with all the prices on it.

There will be alphabetic lists and lists by industry category for potential buyers to consult - but the prices will be given on a one-to-one basis for a particular domain name. It's up to buyers to enquire about a domain name that interests them, and we can dialogue from there.

Last edited:
Great a conference dedicated to junk mail! :twisted:

There's a bit more to their business than that, I think :)

In fact, if it's anything like last year, that side of the exhibition could be quite interesting. They had a huge printing press machine thingy that could spit out fully wrapped, printed-on-demand magazines at an impressive rate. And some other big gadgets, if you like that sort of thing...

Edwin
I'm planning on going (probably Thursday), will deinately call in and say hello.

Anyone else going?

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom