Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Michael King is buying....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi All

This sure smells fishy to me.

Our admin team got contacted by someone working for "Design Web Solutions" in Sheffield (Fiona Cameron), saying that a 'Michael King' was trying to register some domains for 10 years that matched our limited company name.

For example " domainname.info / .eu / .biz / .org / .us " etc.

Fiona only noticed because they also wanted the domainname.ltd.com / domainname.ltd.net versions which is very unusual and what aroused her suspicions.

The total order was for £1500 which for her "small company" seemed very odd - so she wanted to check with me that it was ok for her to sell them on.

She said that she coudl get him to put a disclaimer on the webpage or better still she could let me reg them - as she had already them on hold .... :|

Flaws :

Quick 'G' check for "Design Web Solutions" and telephone number "0114 360 8485" brings back f-all.

When I call her back : 'reception' is on bad line, with a time delay and is answered by someone American. Not really very Sheffeld!!!

Last time I looked, domains.ltd.com is not a valid suffix / extension - you can reg .ltd.uk but what muppet wants to do that i the real world :|

Who actually wants to buy .biz except for spamming.

Willingness to let me reg them through her...

Summary :

Beware of this time-old crap....

Just a heads up - Fiona if you are real - apologies - but you need to sort out your sales patter and get a new receptionist that doesn't sound dodgy!!!

TW

Yup, several of my customers have had the same before - although not from these people and not in the last 12 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom