Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Sedo Auction mmg.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.
This auction closes in a couple of days, cheers.

mmg.co.uk - sale didn't complete via sedo last time.

I actually sold MMG.CO.UK on sedo on Jun/30/11 but the buyer pulled didn't complete the transaction, seems to be happening a lot these days, even amongst people i would class as professional domainers.

So beware of this company if they are the bidders >

===========================
Contact Person : Daniel Layton

MMGRP Limited.
145 – 157 St Johns Street
London
EC1V 4PW
United Kingdom
Company Registration Number: 07527443

Website > mmgrp.co.uk
===========================

May be worth contacting Dave at sedo just to check its not them again...

Good luck with the sale.

Best,
Barry

Hi Barry, thanks for the heads up, I don't know who Dave at Sedo is, do you happen to have an email address for him that you could PM to me?

I've only had 1 non payer so far on Sedo, that was my last auction sale on there, they won the auction for this domain, non payers details in last post:

http://www.acorndomains.co.uk/domain-name-auctions/92909-horse-racing-cards-co-uk.html

A week ago, I received an email out of the blue asking if I wanted to sell one of my neglected horse racing sites, I replied and sent them a list of all my racing names and asked them if they were interested in any others, and to make their best offer, they chose 2 other names to go with the site they were after and offered £1,200 for them.

I Googled their email address and found a listing on a gambling site, it turns out the potential email buyer was freebets.co.uk, I did a Who-Is on that domain, the registrant address rang a bell but I couldn't think why, and then I remembered, it is the same address given to me by Sedo after the person failed to pay on the link above, so I've just ignored them and not bothered replying to them since their email offer, clowns.

No problem at all - PM'd Dave's details

All the best,
Barry

I had an email from Dave at Sedo saying they can't give out any details about the buyer, which is understandable.

Anyway, I'll know soon enough, this auction ends in just under 10 hours.

@ Barry, the buyer has a different name to the one you posted above, but it's the same address:

For his records the buyer has requested an invoice.
Please create an invoice with the full amount 1850 GBP and upload it as a PDF within the Transfer Documents section or send us the invoice by fax to +49 221.34030.109.

Kindly note that all sales prices negotiated through the Sedo Domain Marketplace are considered to be the end prices for the Buyer including the VAT valid for the Seller.

Please issue the invoice with the following details:

Latoya Williams
145 st johns street
London EC1V 4PW
United Kingdom

If you pay the Sedo transfer commission, you will receive an invoice from us once the transfer has been completed.

No idea how to do PDF's, I cannot see the point in PDF's at all when it's easier to write in plain text, also, I have no fax to send anything, so they can have the text invoice I replied with in the Sedo reply box or nothing.

@ WB, downloading the cutepdf thing, not sure if I'll know how to work it though, will I be able to load the word document from Sedo that I downloaded on to the PDF maker?

The Sedo rep provided me a word document invoice to download and said that would be sufficient, but when I open word documents on this computer, it asks for a product key, which I don't have, as I never use anything like that, so it must have expired or something, it only lets me read documents, but not edit the text on them in, I don't use any programs on the computer apart from notepad for plain text.

[edit]

I can't use the cutepdf thing, it prompts me to download some other thing as it wont work without it, so I click to download that and then this page opens:

file://localhost/C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Acro%20Software/CutePDF%20Writer/README.HTM

Using CutePDF Writer to create PDF document:
DO NOT look for any application to run. Just print your document using CutePDF Writer (the printer) to get PDF output.
Open your original document and select Print command in File menu of your application to bring up Print dialog box.
Then select CutePDF Writer as the Printer to print (DO NOT select "Print to file" option).
(MY BOLDING)
You will get a Save As dialog box prompted for saving created PDF file.
Select a folder to Save in and enter a File name, then click on Save.
Go to that folder to find your PDF file.

<snip>

That appear to require a printer to operate it, I don't own a printer :( Even if I had a printer, I still wouldn't be able to use the Sedo word document, as I can't open the document and select anything in the file menu of the application without the product key, as it's all greyed out

Sedo just replied to my message stating I can't use theor Word document:

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the buyer has stated that he needs an invoice which has been signed to remit the payment for the domain.

Kindly upload one in whatever format you are able to use. I will forward it to the buyer.

Thank you

Nothing further that I can do now to provide an invoice, and no way I can add a signature to anything as I don't have a printer or scanner.

Last edited:
@ WB, downloading the cutepdf thing, not sure if I'll know how to work it though, will I be able to load the word document from Sedo that I downloaded on to the PDF maker?

Yep, as long as it lets you print the document you will be able to. The software adds itself as a virtual printer, so will appear in the list like a normal printer would. After you hit the print button, a dialogue box pops up asking where to save the PDF file.

@ WB, thanks, but even if it's a virtual printer, that still leaves the problems that I can't physically sign the document with my signature, which is what the buyer is requesting.

[edit]

Had an idea, will ask Sedo if it's alright first. Idea is, get a sheet of paper, write out what's on the Word invoice, sign it, and then take a photo of it, upload that to my computer and upload to Sedo, might work, will ask them.

Last edited:
Sign a piece of paper, take a photo of it, e-mail it to me along with your text invoice and the Word document from Sedo and I'll sort it out and e-mail you back a PDF.

Mmg.co.uk - mmg

@ Barry, the buyer has a different name to the one you posted above, but it's the same address:

I hope they complete this time around as they were time wasters previously and totally ignored any emails sedo were sending, personally i think they should have been suspended from the platform.

Good luck chuck.

Best,
Barry

@ Barry, they have at least answered Sedo this time to ask for an invoice before they make payment, I assume they initially asked you for an invoice, then ignored contacts after that?

personally i think they should have been suspended from the platform.

They must have been, as their Sedo details say their new account was registered in Janaury

A big thanks to Kev (dotNetFreak) for his help in supplying me with a PDF invoice, which has been uploaded to Sedo.

Last edited:
@ Barry, they have at least answered Sedo this time to ask for an invoice before they make payment, I assume they initially asked you for an invoice, then ignored contacts after that?

That's correct, for about 2 weeks i thought the sale was going to complete but nothing... fingers crossed it will be different for you, personally i think you will be ok as i cant imagine the same company trying it on twice, surely... if they did sedo should instantly remove their account as its not acceptable.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

Best,
Barry

@ Kev, thanks, hadn't seen that page, might come in handy if they mess about again like they did with Barry.

@ Barry, I thought that might be the case, they wont be getting 2 weeks from me, if no payment comes within a week, I'll be telling them sale is now off but, as you say, hopefully it will go through this time, or they're very foolish, and are in for a bad time.

[edit]

I've made Sedo aware in the transfer centre that this buyer failed to pay after winning this name before, and that I won't be waiting 2 weeks for them to remit payment, I stated that I'll give them until the 24th, which is plenty of time to make a payment, and if by that time no payment has been made, I'm withdrawing it from sale to them.

No doubt Sedo will reply saying something along the lines of, the sale is legally binding, unfortunately, it's not, it means nothing, otherwise why don't Sedo chase non buyers and get them to pay, and I'm quite happy for them to close my Sedo account as I wont be waiting around for payment from a non payer.

[edit]

Sedo seem understanding about me putting a time limit on the buyer making payment, due to their non payment last time:

thank you for the message. I have informed the buyer that you will upload an invoice once the payment clears to our account. I have also stated that you will not proceed with the transfer if the payment is not remitted by Friday 24th.

I will update you once I have further information.

Last edited:
@ Kev, yeah, I had seen the address was an accommodation address used by loads of different businesses, but with the previous non payer being MMGRP Ltd, chances are it is them again.

Although sorted. Google docs is handy for generating pdf's

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom