Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Motorbike stolen last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Last night my motorbike was stolen, they took it to nearby car park / pond and tried to hot wire it and failed. They then destroyed the bike for presumably no reason other than their amusement (they smashed the numberplate, gear lever, faring, indicators, etc) before dumping it in the pond, fully submerging it filling the tank, engine etc with pond water.

Since it was found, it doesn't properly count as theft, and since it was sunk there is no evidence and water damage isn't covered.

Oh England, how I love thee.

Last night my motorbike was stolen, they took it to nearby car park / pond and tried to hot wire it and failed. They then destroyed the bike for presumably no reason other than their amusement (they smashed the numberplate, gear lever, faring, indicators, etc) before dumping it in the pond, fully submerging it filling the tank, engine etc with pond water.

Since it was found, it doesn't properly count as theft, and since it was sunk there is no evidence and water damage isn't covered.

Good grief, really sorry to hear this, how upsetting for you and frustrating too. :( I'd be furious, it's the bare faced cheek of theft that really gets to me too.

Absolute chavvy, mindless thuggery this, pondscum (no pun intended) that think it's OK to do this and get away with it. :evil:

I was at my girlfriends house who lives in Selsey which isn't the nicest place in the world, but you don't expect your bike to just be stolen from your driveway. I have no enemies as far as I am aware so they just did it for 'fun' its just plain evil and bastard scum like that ruin this country.

Can sympathise with you Ash, had a similar occurrence years back. Fookin tw*ts. Hope you get back on the road soon.

I was at my girlfriends house who lives in Selsey which isn't the nicest place in the world, but you don't expect your bike to just be stolen from your driveway. I have no enemies as far as I am aware so they just did it for 'fun' its just plain evil and bastard scum like that ruin this country.

It's the scum who keep letting them out of prison and letting them get away with it by attaching the keyword "rehabilitation" to them.

Those that done this will have been through our joke of a judiciary plenty of times.

Our system doesn't rehabilitate, its just seen as punishment not education and they are the same going out as going in. It's a broken system. As for the other comment - nah this was done by teens, 15-17 year olds. They stole a friends bike before (with a wheelbarrow) but got chased off by some security for a local firm. Although they might have been sent to 'juvi' we all know that means nothing!

It wouldn't piss me off as much if they just tried to get it running to have a bit of fun with it because their benefit fuelled life doesn't allow for things like that - but the pointless destruction of someone elses property is just pathetic.

For their 1 hour of fun by destroying mine and someone elses bike, they have cost me thousands of pounds in both the bike and my time. I have no proper transport now and public transport just doesn't cut it. Just infuriating how inconsiderate people can be.

Sheesh, just another symptom of Broken Britain........... :(

Ashton - I'd like to use your bike pinching as part of an article on MendBritain.com - do you fancy this and would you like to send me over a pic/few details of the resulting yobbery?

Sorry to hear about this. I know how angry these things can make a person. I lived in a flat a couple of years back and someone tried to break in, smahed a window and tried but failed to get in. I was infuriated for weeks.

Ashton - I'd like to use your bike pinching as part of an article on MendBritain.com - do you fancy this and would you like to send me over a pic/few details of the resulting yobbery?

Sure, was going to write an article about it anyway. I friend of mine just got back from a 6 month stay working in Japan and said they're so much more polite and respectful (he even had his birthday when he first got there and a couple of people saw it on his license and they all went and bought him a cake and presents)

Fortunately my business (day time) and domaining / developing are all mobile, so I feel like leaving this country pretty soon.

@Newguy; I don't really feel angry that much, it is an infuriating situation but I am not furious. I guess I have just given up on England after assaults on me, my property, my friends and so on - I just expect this kind of thing.

The local toy boat group found the bikes in the river and pulled them out - Grandads with their Grandkids who play around with electric toy yachts and boats on the pond. One of them said to me: "What has our nation come to" whilst another said "Thats the state of England today".

Last edited:
Sure, was going to write an article about it anyway. I friend of mine just got back from a 6 month stay working in Japan and said they're so much more polite and respectful (he even had his birthday when he first got there and a couple of people saw it on his license and they all went and bought him a cake and presents)

Fortunately my business (day time) and domaining / developing are all mobile, so I feel like leaving this country pretty soon.

Nice one, this kind of thing is a good example of the chavs in Britain. :x

If you could kindly e-mail on talk [at] mendbritain.com with any pics we could use, plus basic details, that'd be fab. :cool:

I feel like leaving this country pretty soon.

Just don't leave without forwarding address, your tech services & ability I can't do without!

Hire Ash for cash & help him get a new bike :D

The police took the report when I rang them, they put it on their numberplate watch thing.

The local PCSO then knocked on the door an hour later saying that the bike had been found in the pond along with another bike. She then told me I had only a bit of time to remove it as it may be leaking oil which could affect the wildlife, otherwise they would have to remove it and would charge me.

Unfortunately I didn't take any pics of the bike in the water - my primary concern was to get the bike out. A friend with a van collected the bike and took it to my house where it is at the moment - I will grab some pics of it how it is at the moment (I already emptied the headlights of water and I am going to siphon the tank in a bit)

The police haven't commented since - it was dumped in the water so no prints so not much they can go off, they just provided me with a reference to give to my insurer.

526193096_8aca8f7c65.jpg

This is where it was found (this is a pic taken by the boat club I guess) and literally right infront of where this picture is taken. The other bike (a chinese version of my bike) was dumped in the water by that bench those people are sitting on.

EDIT:

And i just found out the SAME thing happened 14 days ago:

Selsey : Dennys Close A member of the public found a motorbike in the pond near this location, they took it to the police
station where it was identified as being stolen. If you saw or know who put it in there please inform police. Sussex
Police: 363 04/09/2011.

Whoever the perpetrators are, they are doing it a lot.

Last edited:
PS: I bet the Police don't give a damn either?

Who said it wasn't theft as its sounds more likely it is especially if there is damage around the ignition.

Are you covered third party, third party fire and theft, or fully comp? That's going to be the decider with the insurance paying out or not.

I love people who slate the police, 6 coppers cover a town with a population of 60,000 where I live, and an area which is about 15 miles by 10 miles. Lock someone up and you've got to drive 13 miles to the nearest custody, if thats busy/full the next one is 15 miles further away. That's before you get back to get statement. There's more door staff in the local night club that has a limit of 300 patrons and the local firestation has more on duty!

Then if your lucky enough to find a witness, "UM, WELL I DON'T WANT TO GET INVOLVED" is a regular quote, and unfortunately in this country you can't force someone to make a statement, not like France!

I'm fully Comp but with a high excess, its covered for some types of damage whilst stolen. The wires around the ignition were cut and a screwdriver or similar had been forced into it.

I hear from the insurance company on Monday, no one in to handle claims on Sundays.

Who said it wasn't theft as its sounds more likely it is especially if there is damage around the ignition.

Are you covered third party, third party fire and theft, or fully comp? That's going to be the decider with the insurance paying out or not.

Been a long time since I worked in insurance but I always thought it covered the act of theft, so even on third party fire and theft it should still be covered. Though it's been a long time to don't treat that like gospel.

EDIT: Just read your post above about the excess,

I love people who slate the police, 6 coppers cover a town with a population of 60,000 where I live, and an area which is about 15 miles by 10 miles. Lock someone up and you've got to drive 13 miles to the nearest custody, if thats busy/full the next one is 15 miles further away. That's before you get back to get statement. There's more door staff in the local night club that has a limit of 300 patrons and the local firestation has more on duty!

Then if your lucky enough to find a witness, "UM, WELL I DON'T WANT TO GET INVOLVED" is a regular quote, and unfortunately in this country you can't force someone to make a statement, not like France!

Then they get let out anyway mate, I do feel for you guys sometimes. I reported a mugging over here a few months ago of a kid walking down our road. Within 10 minutres, chopper out, 4 Police cars.... must admit I was impressed. They knew who it was just from the MO, no dount the guy had done it several times before.

Rich isn't it - you get charged to remove from the pond if left too late, there's a salt rub to the wound! :(

I wasn't slating the police. They do a damn good job in difficult circumstances and I have every respect for them, however their apathy to these kinds of crimes is sadly too often apparent for one reason or another. It does seem to be though a postcode lottery on what kind of service you can expect, depending on your particular area.

In a time where police cuts are rife, it is indeed a sad state of affairs.

I was accepted to join the Police when I was around 18 years old, it was all I wanted to do (keen horserider too at the time and wanted to be mounted copper), I'm glad I never settled on that career.

Perhaps some people won't get involved sometimes for fear of possible recriminations?

Yep, without witnesses law is pretty useless, then again, I'm getting a couple of these for the front and rear of my house,

510.jpg

CCTV camera combined with floodlight (not an an obvious camera!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom