Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Namedrive appearing to sell my legally-owned domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I hope someone can help me. I randomly search on engines for various domains I own to see what they play at when my back is turned.

I found what appeared to be one of my domains for sale on NameDrive. I queried it with them and I was told "you ...forgotten to renew the domain ...so it "dropped" and someone else had the chance to buy it from a list.
I am really sorry for you".

The problem is that the site was not registered with anyone else before I owned it and I have ownership until 2012, which is easily verified via WhoIs.

I've told them this and quoted the WhoIs data and got no reply. In the meantime, this specific domain that was highly-ranked in Google has disappeared from their listings.
Could the two be connected?

TIA.

Jenny

It sound like your domain's previous owner parked the domain with Namedrive. The previous owner didn't renew the domain name and it lapsed or 'dropped' and you then registered it.

Namedrive wouldn't know that it had lapsed and still had it listed for sale, as per the previous owner's instruction.

You have now told Namedrive that the domain is now under different ownership and that it has an active and ranked site on it. Namedrive have done exactly the right thing and removed the for sale from that domain name.

By the by, I have parked quite a few domains at Namedrive. I have let some lapse and my Namedrive account still occasionally shows some parking income for those domains that have lapsed. I have no idea why - but I buy a mars bar every 5th month on it :)

edit: for owner, etc, read registrant, etc

Last edited:
I have let some lapse and my Namedrive account still occasionally shows some parking income for those domains that have lapsed. I have no idea why - but I buy a mars bar every 5th month on it :)

Same here but I opt for a Snickers :D

It sound like your domain's previous owner parked the domain with Namedrive. The previous owner didn't renew the domain name and it lapsed or 'dropped' and you then registered it.

Namedrive wouldn't know that it had lapsed and still had it listed for sale, as per the previous owner's instruction.

You have now told Namedrive that the domain is now under different ownership and that it has an active and ranked site on it. Namedrive have done exactly the right thing and removed the for sale from that domain name.

That would sound plausible but unfortunately, you have made some presumptions. Namedrive are still selling it for 50 dollars. AFAIK, it was a virgin domain, not a pre-loved one. I have told them this, and provided proof that I own it but they insist it is theirs and are still selling it.

It's worth more than Mars or Snickers, BTW :cool:

On the basis that no-one can grab it - it can you say what domain it is?

Did you register it on 15-Jan-2010 ?

Thats when the whois shows, and its owned by a guy not a girl ?

The pine furniture name does have some history, see this archive.org page for details of the domains history:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://pinefurnitureonline.co.uk

So it could well be that it has been listed at Namedrive since the name was previously used and dropped before you regged the domain.

Hi Jenny

I think there's a bit of ambiguity in your OP about who "them" and "their" are. Thanks for the clarification.

Google may have just had it's re-paging and your site didn't figure so highly - not sure why as it's a nice site. I don't think Google's algos would have picked up on Namedrive's sales list, but I am happy to be corrected by SEO experts.

Good luck with namedrive - send them a clear, firm polite email and it will be sorted.

I'll ring Namedrive tomorrow and offer them the £50 and see what happens :)

Cheers, luke

Last edited:
The pine furniture name does have some history, see this archive.org page for details of the domains history:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://pinefurnitureonline.co.uk

So it could well be that it has been listed at Namedrive since the name was previously used and dropped before you regged the domain.

hey Sys, that's really interesting. Thanks for the info; didn't know about that way of finding domain history.

Could all this confusion lead to us disappearing from the Google first page (and every other page!) or is it just the "Google Dance"?

TIA.

@ Jenny, as it's a fairly new site, it's probably the Google dance, there was a Google update within the last week, it'll probably bounce back up the rankings very soon.

Last edited:
Seems name drive just have it from the previous owner listed, now you own it.

You could sign up for name drive, comfirm your ownership and then remove it yourself. As you can confirm ownership fairly easily, thats the quickest way.

Yep, I've had one or two ownership 'issues' with ND and they've always sorted them very quickly and with minimal fuss.

Hi Jenny,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Funnily enough, the domain used to be owned by James, one of my colleagues and fellow Acorn posters :)

It was a registered domain, then he caught it, then he let it drop (which he's now regretting) and then you registered it, so it's actually had at least two owners before you.

However, I'm not disputing your ownership of the domain now, so I've removed it from the sales listing. I apologise for any inconvenience.

I, incidentally, would have gone for a Wispa.

Ed

Thanks very much, Ed :)
Posting here has brought swifter resolution that the email exchange I had been trying previously with another Namedrive bod.

Green & Black's caramel. Or Milka haselnuess. Dig those crazy alpine cows.

Google SEO

Could all this confusion lead to us disappearing from the Google first page (and every other page!) or is it just the "Google Dance"?

TIA.

having the domain listed at Namedrive is not going to get you kicked off Google becuase Google would be visiting your website. New website (jan this year) often rank well for a few months and than disappear. Its called the sandbox effect. Some people say it exists and some say it does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members online

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom