Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

ndparking.com Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
MMM, yes just tried a few of my names, Not Working!

How long has this been going on?

shouting = HELP NameDrive!:confused:

Mine are'nt working either, i've not got many domains or much traffic (most of my high(er) traffic domains are being tried with other companies) but i have'nt had any views today on my account! I normally get at least 5-10

Yes our forwarded domains are still down whilst those using nd nameservers seem OK.

BFTUK said:
Mine are'nt working either, i've not got many domains or much traffic (most of my high(er) traffic domains are being tried with other companies) but i have'nt had any views today on my account! I normally get at least 5-10

Not just me then! This has been down since this morning, I've sent an email to ND tech support.

I'm no expert on .com's but check the whois for ndparking.com... expires 2006-04-25? Could that be the problem?

I remember namedrive servers going down a while ago and they compensated people for their loss, except humble little old me with little traffic and a click or two a day.........

Hello,

Just got back to see this. It seems this is a localised problem as it is working for some people and not for others. I have set tech on it and hopefully, it'll be resolved very asap.
As usual in these cases, you will be fairly compensated for the lost revenue. Sorry for the inconvenience, it's strange that it works in some parts of the world and not others.

Ed

You're welcome. There is no small amount of head-scratching going on. It certainly seems to work for certain areas. I'm in Veegas and it doesn't, but I've MSNed several people around the world and it does work.
As far as the record expiring in the whois is concerned, thank you for making me fall off my chair, LDN! I always use iwhois.com and there it does say that it expires in 2006, but I've since checked other whois records and it is 2007! We have it on auto-renew.
We'll sort it out and once we've sorted it out, we'll sort out your earnings.

Ed

Wow. I'm flabbergasted. Having looked into this, it seems that LDN was not far off. Our registrar has made a blunder on a monumental scale which will likely cost us sevearl thousand dollars in compensating your revenue.
ndparking.com - on some DNS around the world - is currently not resolving as our registrar aplus.net somehow did not renew our domain. We foolishly believed that 'auto-renew' had some sort of automation invovled.
They have 2 databases and on one we were updated (as you can see from some Whois records) and on the other we were not. We are now. However, the DNS propagation will take a matter of hours.
It is hard to say what percentage of names are affected as, in some DNS records, the domains are resolving perfectly well.
You will naturally be compensated for any lost revenue, despite the fact that our only error here was in our choice of registrar. We will also be looking for a new registrar.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ed

Ed, I have over 370 domains with you, do you want to know how many are not resolving today ?
Do I have to do this every day?

Any news?

We are waiting for propagation so I assume this is likely to be down for another 6 hours at least.

Could be 12 to 24 hours if my reading of this is correct.

Record last updated on 2005-10-18 00:00:00
Record created on 2005-04-25 00:00:00
Record expires on 2006-04-25 00:00:00

.com registrars run their own whois servers as well as verisign running a lite version which means that in most cases the registrars whois server should give the best results. Some registrars only update their own whois server every 24 hours, others update in real time and most are somewhere in the middle.

The registrar is showing that at the last whois update the domain hadn't been renewed. If it's been renewed in the last 12 hours it won't appear in the verisign root zone until the early hours of the morning UK time.

I'd say if you're seeing anything working using ndparking.com that it's probably a web cache, nothing should work if the domain has been removed from the root zone.

Lastly I'd say you're looking at 12 to 18 hours before you'll see anything working again.

I would expect to see the changes a lot quicker than 12 hours (as the registrar and Namedrive use us for connectivity) but for the man-on-the-street you are right, 12 hours min.

Not a good day.

firestars said:
I would expect to see the changes a lot quicker than 12 hours (as the registrar and Namedrive use us for connectivity) but for the man-on-the-street you are right, 12 hours min.

Not a good day.

I don't see why you expect to see anything sooner than that. The domain has been removed from the root zone file at verisign, no one can see anything until the new root zone is published which is done every 24 hours.

netserve said:
I don't see why you expect to see anything sooner than that. The domain has been removed from the root zone file at verisign, no one can see anything until the new root zone is published which is done every 24 hours.

I have often reg'd a new domain, set the nameservers and had it working within minutes so why shouldn't that be the same in this case?

netserve said:

I work for a Tier1 US ISP. The rootzone is published and is passed to its peering/shadow DNS neighbours first. We provide shadow DNS. This is then filtered internally across our network.

ND now up and working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom