Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

New EU domain fiasco in 123-reg .co.uk registration process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I just sent this email to 123-reg customer feedback:

I want to register the disappointment I feel about your introduction of the unwanted step of pre-registering interest in EU domains in the domain registration process.

Moments ago I nearly found myself suckered for a £42 registration cost for 2 .co.uk domains because I was in a hurry and misinterpreted your interface.

One of my annoyances is that I drop-catch UK domains so the more steps you introduce into the registration process the less chance I have of successfully registering a name.

I've currently got 524 .uk domains personally registered at 123-reg and up to now I have recommended your services, hopefully this means that my comments have some sort of validity to you...

Just had a look at that! That is kinda sneaky. The least they could do is have a yes \ no page i.e.

"The domain xxxx.eu" is available, would you register it?"
YES | NO

Hmmm

I paid for 2 .eu domains for Phase 2 in November 2005. I heard absolutely zilch from 123 at all even though I sent several emails. I got a phone number through whois of 123 reg.net and called them. Eventually I got a reply and was refunded 1 name and the other,finally today, has been lodged. It turns out that 123 are not prime accredited registrars for eurid !!.

DG

I've just finished a month of misery chasing 123-reg for a .eu Sunrise II application that they clearly aren't technically prepared to deal with.

After several support requests, where I would occasionally get told "sorry, we have some script problems" an individual finally said he would process my application manually.

Several days later, with no sign of the domain having been applied for, I finally gave up and went elsewhere. 123-reg refunded my money after another complaint was sent to them.

So, I would not recommend 123-reg for .eu domains - they clearly aren't setup to deal with such requests (and indeed, are not an official .eu registrar).

Regards,
Marcel

Yes that double registration is annoying.

Please bin the unselected domain name you wish not to own.

:???:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom