Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Nominet Renewal Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Renewals changes

Nominet has implemented changes to their renewals process.

Pro Forma Invoices

Nominet will no longer send registrants pro forma invoices for direct renewal at the full £80 rate.

New email reminder programme.

Nominet has introduced a new series of reminder emails, sent at various stages after the domain name has expired. These emails, in all cases, encourage the registrant to renew their domain name through their registrar.

Direct renewal message.

Direct renewal does become available 23 days after the expiry date, seven days before suspension.

Renewals changes

Pro Forma Invoices

Nominet will no longer send registrants pro forma invoices for direct renewal at the full £80 rate.

New email reminder programme.

Excellent! Such as waste of paper... I don't know of anyone that renews through Nominet or why they would want to?

Rich :cool:

I wonder if they will pass those savings onto members, registrants or maybe even another big bonus, whoops don't mention the B word.

But seriously this has been long overdue.

Pro Forma Invoices

Ahwell, bang goes my free supply of drawing paper for the kids :D

Good move from an admin point of view (less paper) but I guess that entities that don't maintain the email address associated with their domain won't have a clue it's expired any more. Before, so long as they hadn't moved from the address they put on the Whois, they had an effective "second chance" with the paper reminder.

Good move from an admin point of view (less paper) but I guess that entities that don't maintain the email address associated with their domain won't have a clue it's expired any more. Before, so long as they hadn't moved from the address they put on the Whois, they had an effective "second chance" with the paper reminder.

No Mate, Nominet sorted all that out with a fantasic campaign which cost many thousands of pounds, "Keep Your Domain". This sorted out the whole mess, people would see the ad and thing "Hey, I must make sure my email is correct". Then they would login to nominet with a password that they never received because they had a wrong email address and change it. :D

Bingo all sorted....

However if you get a drs and you have the wrong email, well all hell breaks loose and Nominet say its your own fault, should have kept it up to date :roll:

Ahwell, bang goes my free supply of drawing paper for the kids :D

lol exactly! :)

i still am getting through all the old ownership certificates, well she is.
shes done some great pictures on backs of some and although i only have a few adult names i have to make sure if shes done a pic for her mum of a fairy or something that the domain regged on back is not soapytitwank.co.uk or something :grin: before i give it here

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom