Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Online tshirt shop (with marketplace support)

Reaction score
Hi,

Trying something out on my first ".UK"

It's "T-Shirt.UK"

Trying to do everything "right" to give it a good foundation.

Some details :

*woocommerce
*https
*responsive
*schema
*payment processing - stripe and paypal
*hoping to add apple pay
*login for designers to track sales and claim commission

Lots of ideas for extra functionality but grateful for any feedback, views etc and happy to answer and questions.

Thanks for reading...

Rob

Nice looking site :)

Reminds me I should do something with printedtshirts.co.uk

Looks good, but when I get to the homepage my first instinct is that I don't really know what I'm supposed to do/be looking at. Of course there are a few shirts down below and a "shop" link, but most usability studies have shown that people give a site no more than a few seconds of attention when they first get to it (unless it's a very specific site they chose to visit for a defined purpose i.e. they've consciously come to X to do Y)

Looking good.

Wouldn't expect to see search icon in top left of navigation bar (am viewing on pc if that makes a difference).

Maybe show size dimensions on product page dropdown or include a chart in a pop-up window on the page.

Do you actually print the tees yourselves?

Re: Apple Pay ...doesn't Stripe just support it within woocommerce? I'm setting up something myself and there's a notification that says as much, though I've not looked at detail yet.

Looks good, but when I get to the homepage my first instinct is that I don't really know what I'm supposed to do/be looking at.

That's exactly what I thought. Websites should be designed thinking that your users are idiots (I'm not calling you an idiot by the way @Edwin !) Make everything as simple and as easy as possible so even an idiot knows what they are supposed to do. I was a bit lost at first.

I'd also take a look at what it looks like on a mobile as I imagine that is (or will be) where most of your customers will be coming from. At the moment, users get the section about your free UK delivery etc first, then latest arrivals, then trending brands, then 'together we're stronger', then customer reviews, then the blog. Personally, I'm looking for a section that says 'Shop' and it's not there, I have to scroll all the way back up to the top and click on the menu to get that.

Also, I'd try and categorise your t-shirts too. Personally, I'd rather be able to narrow down what I'm looking at rather than having to scroll through everything.

Websites should be designed thinking that your users are idiots.

Not wrong there, I asked a couple of non-internet savvy persons to use a site not long back, they got it with no problems and I thought it was super self explanatory. It actually ended up confusing a bunch of people who I thought would be much more on the ball, or at least more so than the non-savvy folks I asked to test it. Turns out a sub niche of UK holiday providers are not too sharp, in some cases made me think I was going slightly mental.

Back on topic, Nice site but as mentioned above, if your selling to end users of all walks of life.........spell it out to them what you want them to buy. Don't give them too much time to window shop, the more you make them click the more likely they are to wander off and look at someone else's window.

There's a fantastic book on usability called "Don't Make me Think". Although the advice in the book is great, the title is the best point of all.

BTW, it's always worth remembering that there's more that one way to boost the sales of an ecommerce site.

For instance, if your goal is to double your sales, you could...
A) Double your traffic (assuming it's of uniform "quality")
B) Double your conversion rate
C) Double your average order value
D) Double your re-order rate (i.e. encourage existing customers to buy more often) e.g. through newsletters and targetted promotions.

Of course, if you achieve each of A-D above then you'll have 16x the sales value you did at the start of the optimisation process!

If your site's only converting a tiny percentage of all visitors (e.g. 1-2%) you may find it's easier and cheaper to start the optimisation there, rather than to look for new traffic.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom