Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

.org.uk and .org domains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey

I've got some good .org and .org.uk domain names which have good keywords in and if they were .co.uk they would appear first page quite easily.

Now i've seen other sites/domains (.org.uk and .org) that are only a month old get in the top 5 for a phrase on google, and the sites don't appear to have links to them and they don't have loads of content.

Any idea how this happens, and any advice on how i can get these domains I have on the firstpage of google.

Really appreciate your help :)

Feel free to pm or reply

Thanks
Max:p

I don't think google differentiates between co.uk, org.uk and me.uk

If you have a keyword rich domain and the search term for the keyword is not popular, you should get a high listing on entry.

I don't think google differentiates between co.uk, org.uk and me.uk

If you have a keyword rich domain and the search term for the keyword is not popular, you should get a high listing on entry.

Agreed.

How are you checking for links though? They must have some incoming links, try a linkdomain:www.thedomainyouarechecking.co.uk command in Yahoo and see what comes up, Google does'nt show all links using their link: command.

If you use .org and want to target a UK market, ensure you have a UK based server. .org.uk you can host anywhere.

cheers for replies so far guys

However still not sure how to actually go about the site itself and get it onto first page

A good way of obtaining links is to submit to directories, i made this list of UK web directories awhile ago (some require payment, some are free!)

Can you give me an example of one of your names?

Obviously getting good rankings depends on the competetiveness of the term you are targetting.

If you targetted the phrase 'cheap loans' with the domain cheaploans.org.uk you might be stuggling without detailed work on the site and SEO, take a less competetive phrase and results are relatively easy to obtain.

By the way competetiveness should'nt be gauged by number of results in Google or an overture score.

Hope that helps a little....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
URL Shortener
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom