Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Posting whois detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi - I'm sure I read on here that Nominet didnt like the Whois data posted, hence its mostly links. Can anybody give me an overview?

Hi - I'm sure I read on here that Nominet didnt like the Whois data posted, hence its mostly links. Can anybody give me an overview?

That is correct its against forum rules to post Whois data and its why the deleting website is no more...........

Use of WHOIS and data: You may not:
  • re-package, compile, re-distribute or re-use any or all of the WHOIS database or data (unless you are a lawful user using an insubstantial part);
  • use any or all of the WHOIS data for advertising or as part of a process of identifying entities, names or addresses for future advertising activity of any sort (any such use may also be unlawful under the Data Protection Act 1998);
  • obscure, remove, hide or alter any part of the copyright notice and legal wording returned with a .uk WHOIS result; or
  • conduct queries of a nature, rate or volume prohibited by our acceptable use policy. Note that we record details about all whois queries for the purposes of detecting and preventing unacceptable use.
Unless you show the user no part of the WHOIS output at all and simply report on availability or status (NB. if this is what you primarily do, it may be more appropriate for you to use the Domain Availability Checker).

from here:

http://www.nominet.org.uk/other/whois/contract/

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom