Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Selling via SEDO Vs own site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I currently list the majority of my domain names for sales via SEDO, would be interested in hearing the opinions of anyone who sells direct via their own domain name sales site and whether they have achieved a larger number of enquiries/sales using this method.

Thanks

Mark.

I do, but my site is still young, unknown, with almost no traffic. So I still keep all domains as backup on Sedo. Even it's a miracle to get into any auction on Sedo, most of the buyers (end users) go in there.

I've noticed a huge difference. Since creating our own parking pages we get 2-3 enquires a week. On pretty much the same 600 (very average) domain portfolio I had 2 enquiries in 2 years listing and parking with SEDO.

(example. still unfinished)

90%+ of mine are now on my own custom home/landing page. The rest will follow at renewal time. All are also logged at sedo.

In the past 6months ALL enquiries have been through the contact form on the individual domain landing page.

Speaks volumes. And the adsense/affiliate revenue is 10x better than parking company returns.

how does payment work though without using sedo?

escrow.com is only in US dollars.

Always found sedo a waste of time... for end user to much hassle registering etc and sellers domains get lost with all the others. One page just the name and an email seams to work well enough if your not going to bother marketing them at all .? Payments are same as anything bank transfers, escrow, paypal, you can even use solicitors etc with payments sent to them then funds released on transfer most will charge and hour or so rate...

Have your payment method sorted prior and if you know the price put it up no real point in putting offers if your not willing to except them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom