Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.

Selling XXXX.co.uk and .ltd.uk domains?

Reaction score
So I have owned a company for about 4 years. When I started it I looked for a catchy, high tech sounding name that matched available domain names and ended up with a 4 letter name.

This company is pretty much dormant at the moment, so I am considering using it to go into domaining on the side, or if it is worth any money, selling the domain name.

I also own the .ltd.uk of the same company name, at the moment the website etc is completely blank, I just use it for company email ie webmail.xxxx.ltd.uk

My question is are LLLL.co.uk and LLLL.ltd.uk's worth anything? And would they be worth more as a set? I believe both have green WOT ratings and not been used for anything nefarious.

Thank you

In general, the answer is no. But perhaps your xxxx is something particularly special?

Just a made up word. Also seems to have a U.S trademark against it (had no idea until now) by a company based out of some country I have never heard of.

They are probably worth nothing.

If the domains are LLLL.co.uk and LLLL.ltd.uk surely you own the Ltd company with the same name? I can't imagine any real company building a domain with the name of another registered Ltd company (no matter if it's active or dissolved). If the company is dissolved and the domain is exceptional there may still be some value.

Just for future reference, I would never recommend buying a .ltd.uk domain for resale.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Featured Services

Auctions Ending - Flip.uk

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction

Latest Comments

Acorn Domains Merch
MariaBuy Marketplace

New Threads

Domain Forum Friends

Other domain-related communities we can recommend.

Our Mods' Businesses

Perfect
Service
Laskos
*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators
Top Bottom